Air Travel/plane tickets

hi..i have to book travel with an airline from maine to Mississippi. could you please tell me, in order to get the best airfare, how many days in advance do I need to buy the ticket? also, is it ok and no probs to book online? of course, this will be with one of the major carriers. thank you!!

Dear James,

I don't answer questions regarding best fares, but the sooner you buy it more chances you have to get a good price. You can do it online without any problems.
Just make sure to read all the conditions applied to the fare selected.
Best Regards,

Air Travel

Roberto Gomes

General expertise and knowledge of airport procedures related to air travel. Questions concerning baggage and cargo, pets, minors, persons with disabilities, catering, security, weight and balance, airline alliances - codeshare flights and immigration requirements. Top expert on this category with more than 900 questions answered so far (send yours to be the 1,000th). Please do not send questions regarding best fares and airport parking.

Thirty years of experience in the airline industry implementing alliances, codeshare programs, operational procedures and related training for airport'staff.

MBA Logistics, Marketing and Customer Services.