Air Travel/Are there air fights with airlines

Question
QUESTION: Are there air fights with airlines or charter that fly between North and South Korea?

ANSWER: No. The only way to go from South Korea to North Korea is to go to a third country, like China.

It is illegal for South Korean citizens to enter North Korea except through very specific programs, such as the Hyundai Geumgang Mountain resort, which is accessed by a chartered cruise ship, or with the family reunion meetings negotiated by the two governments.

Non-Koreans may enter North Korea via China on Air Koryo (banned by the EU). Arrangements are most easily made through the Swedish Embassy.

QUESTION: Do civilian airplanes that fly from to/from South Korea to other countries have to take any special precautions to stay out of North Korean airspace and be shot down by North Korea air force?

When a European tourist visits South Korea what do the authorities in South Korea do to protect them from the enemy North Korea?  

Can a person in South Korea be in trouble with the authorities in South Korea, if he shows articles and information in pubic about North Korea that is published by http://bbcnews.com and http://www.bbc.com and http://www.bbc.co.uk

Answer
The only airline, as far as I know, that is allowed to enter North Korea is Air Koryo, the North Korean-owned airline.

Yes, all aircraft other than Air Koryo are subject to death for entering North Korean airspace. Incheon International Airport is very near the North/South border, and so very specific flight patterns in and out are established to make sure that the North Koreans don't use force.

European visitors to South Korea have nothing to worry about from the North. South Korea is safe and secure. In fact, it's quite affluent and Europeans will enjoy a high-value vacation there. I know many Europeans who live and work in South Korea. It is a good place to go. I just finished living there for seven years. I lived there for about 12 years total. Nothing to worry about.

If a person has pro-North Korean propaganda, they could get in trouble with the South Korean government. One would have to be caught with such material, which is doubtful. If caught, a foreign visitor would probably receive a lecture and let go. A South Korean citizen would be in much more serious trouble.

There is generally nothing to worry about from North Korea while in South Korea. The tensions discussed on TV news is overblown.

Air Travel

Matthew Smith