Airbrushing/Questions

SubjectDate AskedExpert
AB on glass10/28/2014Ellen Choate
  Q: I really want to airbrush portraits on wineglasses, i know that i have to clean the glass first, ...
  A: Jenn. I have to say I've only done one project on glass, and it was an interior window that didn't ...
Dangers of airbrushing.7/9/2014Ellen Choate
  Q: I am curious to know all the safety precautions of airbrushing. For example is proper room ...
  A: First of all, let me say that for some reason this question never showed up in my email and I only ...
which Airbrush?7/7/2013Ellen Choate
  Q: I am a photo realism artist, pen/pencil and graffiti with experience in tattoos. Recently I used a ...
  A: J. I've been doing a little research on the compressor section of your question and I just found my ...
Iwata airbrush needle problem5/9/2013Ellen Choate
  Q: I have the iwata eclipse and when i press down and forward its only suppose to shoot air not paint ...
  A: It could be a couple things, Nick. The most likely cause is your cone (also called the nozzle, part ...
airbrushing on glass5/2/2013Ellen Choate
  Q: I am a specialist painter and muralist in the traditional way.I am new to airbrushing. How exciting! ...
  A: Susan! This is an easy one, I think. I painted a glass panel that was set into the wall at a hair ...
airbrushing on pastries2/22/2013Ellen Choate
  Q: I'm a professional pastry chef with no experience in airbrushing.My boss recently took me to France ...
  A: Well, first of all, lucky you to have such a cool career and such a boss! I will tell you that I ...
Airbrush paint2/2/2013Ellen Choate
  Q: What kind of paint do i use for airbrushing?Acrylic or water paint?
  A: It depends on what you're painting. If it's paper or canvas, either one will work. If you're ...
Assembled wrong?10/13/2012Ellen Choate
  Q: I've just started airbrushing and read that every now and then you should soak your airbrush in ...
  A: Greg. In order to answer your question, I think I need a little more info. What brand and model of ...
makin moolah..7/15/2011Donna Evans
  Q: How can I turn my skill into money that the government can still agree on my making? I have been ...
  A: I see you are in Canada, I am in the States so I don't know how your business laws work. I can ...
Air tanks3/29/2011Ellen Choate
  Q: Ellen, I was wondering how much airbrushing can be done with a filled ten gallon air tank? Can I ...
  A: Jim. I'll answer to the best of my ability on this one. I haven't airbrushed with a tank in years, ...
Iwata Eclipse siphon feed11/13/2010Donna Evans
  Q: When I depress the trigger, no air comes through the unit. The gun has been cleaned thoroughly! ...
  A: Robert This is a bottom feed airbrush. The way to check the airflow is first, if you remove the ...
which airbrush, compressor to buy10/2/2010Donna Evans
  Q: I just recently bought unpainted plastic and metal models, dragon, knights on horseback, that ...
  A: Elinda, My advice is to check out this company I have dealt with for almost 20 years. they can send ...
Airbrushing8/6/2010Ellen Choate
  Q: I'm new to airbrushing. I just purchased the Paashe Talon Airbrush TG3 and Golden acrylic ready to ...
  A: Tracie. I'll need a little more information before I can fully answer your question, but here are ...
Airbrushing Cocoa Butter7/31/2010Ellen Choate
  Q: I'm using colored, melted cocoa butter as 'paint' with my Iwata Eclipse. The cocoa butter must be at ...
  A: Mark! I don't have specific experience with cocoa butter airbrushing, but I think everything is ...
airbrush air flow8/22/2009Donna Evans
  Q: I have a master airbrush model s62 which is brand new. The problem i am having is the air flow is ...
  A: It may be the paint bottle. Make sure the cap of the bottle has an unobstructed hole. I try to make ...
iwata eclipse hp-bcs repair7/30/2009Ellen Choate
  Q: . i as i but it back together i notice that when i but the button back in it is pushing the little ...
  A: Terrell. I tried to recreate this problem with my Iwata since I've never run into this, and I ...
Paint4/13/2009Ellen Choate
  Q: I am starting with airbrush and looking for information what is the best paint to receive the ...
  A: I'm very sorry for the delay in answering you; I did not receive notice of this question until ...
one shot paints4/9/2009Ellen Choate
  Q: Can use you one shot lettering paints for airbrush use? And how would you thin them? ...
  A: You sure can. Thin them with the 1-Shot reducer to about the consistency of cream, or whatever ...
Airbrush not spraying.12/14/2008Ellen Choate
  Q: I have done Temporary airbrush tatooing for 4 years, previous to that I used to airbrush model kits ...
  A: I don't know if I can be of much help; I've never had this problem where it wasn't a blockage ...
Paint12/3/2008Donna Evans
  Q: I read from other articles that you should thin out your paint to the consistency of skim milk?, ...
  A: Paul Paint should be a consistancy of light cream as opposed to heavy cream. However,.. There maybe ...
paint8/26/2008Donna Evans
  Q: im repainting my motorcycle helmet, what would be the best paint to use?
  A: James, You can use any paint as long as you protect it with an Automotive clear coating. I use ...
iwata eclipse airbrush5/24/2008Ellen Choate
  Q: the airbrush is clogged and is not working properly. The paint comes out from the paidnt side. ...
  A: Okay. The most likely thing is a clog in the cone or head assembly. Take the head assembly apart ...
acrylic paint12/25/2007Ellen Choate
  Q: when using an airbrush with water based acrylic paint are the any dangers, inhaling fumes etc.etc.
  A: Well, nothing as far as fumes, but you still have a lot of overspray floating around in the air ...
protect from spray painting12/3/2007Ellen Choate
  Q: i want to spray paint body of my mobile instrument. there are few areas on the body in center of the ...
  A: By "mobile instrument" I'm guessing you mean a cell phone-type device, right? For the ones I've ...
Airbrush8/15/2007Ellen Choate
  Q: I bought a new airbrush and the problem I had was that the trigger began to stay down which meant I ...
  A: Alan. What kind of airbrush do you have, not that it makes that much difference. I have noticed ...
Airbrusing Laptop7/17/2007Ellen Choate
  Q: Okay, I want to paint my laptop. I have a spare broken laptop, so that will be my test subject. ...
  A: Oscar, I'm sorry to be so long in getting back to you. I'm going to have to do some further ...
What paints do I use for t-shirts???2/7/2007Ellen Choate
  Q: ) i was woundering when doing t-shirt designing (using stencils or freehand) what kind of paint do i ...
  A: There are several brands of paint made for t-shirts. Which one you use is largely a matter of ...
Etching12/17/2006Ellen Choate
  Q: You helped me once before, regarding flocking. Iím almost finished with the completion of the ...
  A: Sure do. It's called Chartpak transfer lettering. They've been around forever; it's how graphics ...
Short cuts...11/7/2006Ellen Choate
  Q: My brother and I are "natural" artist/self-taugh and have begun to move in that direction as a ...
  A: I know what you're asking; I'm not sure how much I can help here. I'm afraid it's not going to be a ...

Page:    1 

Airbrushing

Ellen Choate

Top Expert on this page