Airbrushing/Airbrush paint

Question
What kind of paint do i use for airbrushing?Acrylic or water paint?

Answer
It depends on what you're painting. If it's paper or canvas, either one will work. If you're painting on plastics or metal, then you'll need a solvent based paint suitable for the surface. It sounds like you're just starting out, so for practicing just to get the feel of the airbrush, you can actually use just water with some food coloring in it.
Whether you choose acrylic or watercolors, the most important thing is to use paints made especially for airbrushing. The pigments are ground finer to prevent clogging and the consistency is right to promote good flow through the airbrush. Acrylics can dry inside the airbrush if it's not cleaned thoroughly and cause lots of problems. Clean it well after every use.
Final answer: depends on what you're painting, be sure to use paints made for airbrushing, and clean the airbrush very well after every use.
If you need any more info please let me know, and have fun!

Airbrushing

Ellen Choate