Akita/Questions

SubjectDate AskedExpert
Adopting an Akita4/9/2012Maliya Clark
  Q: We have the opportunity to adopt a two year old male Akita named Oso. He would be coming from a home ...
  A: That is certainly a tough question to answer. If said dog has been good with his current family and ...
8 month old Akita, losing alot of hair1/23/2012Maliya Clark
  Q: We recently had our 8 month old Akita neutered. He is doing fine and back to his normal ...
  A: Firstly, well done for being a responsible owner and having your dog neutered! Secondly, I really ...
behaviour change during my pregnancy5/25/2011Maliya Clark
  Q: We have an intact 3 and a half year old male akita. He has always had a fabulous temperament with ...
  A: Firstly, congratulations! I hope your little one is born safe and well. There are a couple of ...
Compatibility5/14/2011Maliya Clark
  Q: I have a 2 year 7 month old female Akita that is the Queen of the Roost. She has my complete ...
  A: This has "bad idea" written all over it, especially since the male is already 2. Female akitas (on ...
behaviour change4/11/2011Maliya Clark
  Q: we've had him since pup. He has been socialized with other dogs and people, fine with kids etc, last ...
  A: I can give a few probable reasons behind your Akita's behaviour change. Health problem, Dominance ...
training a 3 year old akita to come when called3/25/2011Maliya Clark
  Q: Yeso Is a 3 year old male. I've had him since he was 10 weeks old. He's very laid back at a lot of ...
  A: Don't feel bad. My Akita would rather play with other dogs and 'strange' people because they're more ...
Hair loss3/25/2011Maliya Clark
  Q: My Akita has lost hair on his belly and inside of legs and feet. The skin looks like gray leather ...
  A: From what it sounds like, your dog may be suffering from a skin condition called "Black Skin ...
3 yr old male Akita9/14/2010Maliya Clark
  Q: I got Zorba when he was just 10 weeks of age and have reared & trained him myself. I already owned a ...
  A: It's great that you have obedience trained Zorba, but sometimes a trained dog isn't always a ...
Akita tail5/4/2010Maliya Clark
  Q: Out of nowhere my Akita's tail went limp. He has no symptoms of pain anywhere. I have handled him ...
  A: I do apologise for my late reply. Life has been quite hectic lately and I know you must be quite ...
Female or Male Akita?4/7/2010Maliya Clark
  Q: I have a female Australian cattle dog. Shes a medium size dog of only 35 pounds. Shes very nice, ...
  A: Sad to say that the bigger question is "Is it safe to bring home an Akita when I've already another ...
2 questions9/11/2009Maliya Clark
  Q: Our Akita has 2 strange habits. One is how she rubs nose on the floor in a circle. She'll push ...
  A: Funny you asked a question about your dogs 'nosing' habits. I actually filmed my younger female ...
is this the right breed for me?8/31/2009Maliya Clark
  Q: my husband and I have been in search for a new pet for our daughter and son. Im not to fond of dogs ...
  A: Akita's are great family pets for people who fully understand that they are not just your typical, ...
Akita8/23/2009Maliya Clark
  Q: I have a small american cocker spaniel almost 12 yrs old.Looking to adopt an Akita bitch.We had a ...
  A: Maureen As we all know, most Akita's are very antisocial dogs. Your husband is spot on by wanting ...
black lab and akita mix8/15/2009Maliya Clark
  Q: my dog scratches all the time and digs but has no flea but is losing hair what cause it
  A: As you are aware - I am not a qualified veterinarian and so you must understand that my answer is ...
Socializing my 5 yr old Akita3/3/2008Akita master
  Q: My Akita is appx 5yrs old. I adopted her two weeks ago from her previous Owners who could no longer ...
  A: Well, in nature akitas are anti social dogs but since this dog had a play mate then it shouldnt be ...
Akita's and other dogs11/14/2007Akita master
  Q: We have a 8 year old female Akita we adopted from a shelter and she has a wonderful personality, so ...
  A: well it is possibly to introduce another dog into her life but it is hard if she is aggresive but a ...
AKITA MALE OR FEMALE11/6/2007Akita master
  Q: I WANTED A MALE FOR PROTECTION WHEN IM HOME ALONE BUT MALES SEEM TOO AGGRESSIVE AND MORE PROBLEMATIC ...
  A: Well, male akitas are naturally more aggressive then females but it all depends on how you train ...
Akita nibbling10/16/2007Akita master
  Q: My three year old male Akita has had a strange habit since we got him. He likes to nibble on the ...
  A: well akitas can exebit alot of strange behavior and do it for no apparent reason. He could possibly ...
female akita10/14/2007Akita master
  Q: we have a 5 yr old akita and a 5 yr old lab. they have been raised together and always gotten along ...
  A: Well, akitas are naturally aggresive towards other dogs even when they used to get along. Anything ...
New 2.5month Akita9/27/2007Akita master
  Q: I've been working with Kuma for the past few weeks, and is responding well. I have a newborn ...
  A: well, akitas are very good dogs and perfect for familys if they are socialized with them. Its ...
sudden aggressive behavior8/10/2007Akita master
  Q: We rescued a female Akita about 3 years ago and I was amazed at how loving and calm she was. In the ...
  A: Well, ill start off typing about the rabbit, akitas were originally breed as hunting dogs. And i ...
new Akita in home, ????8/7/2007Akita master
  Q: I recently purchased and brought home a 4.5 month Akita male. He was playful and energetic at his ...
  A: Well, usally all akitas do this but not as bad if you get them at a younger age. You could get one ...
2.5 yr old Akita likes to eat small animals7/29/2007Akita master
  Q: Kona is a 2.5 yr old female. Socialized to small children and dogs - sm and lg since she was small. ...
  A: Well, yes I have come across this many times before. Anxiety is very common in this breed and ...
akita7/17/2007Akita master
  Q: we have a half akita/springer spaniel bitch of four years old, a great natured and wonderful pet ! ...
  A: Well akitas were used for hunting and they are very aggresive when it comes to this. I do not think ...
SHIHTZU AND ANEWAKITADOG7/5/2007Akita master
  Q: WILL THEY GET ALONG WITH THE PROPER TRAINING BECAUSE SHE CAME FROM A BREEDER. THE DOG THAT I HAVE IS ...
  A: Yes, with proper training they will get along. But it has to be done right because if not you could ...
Akita and new dog in house.6/24/2007Akita master
  Q: Well, I just got a new German Shephard, and my akita has been very anxious of the new dog... He is a ...
  A: Well, akitas are naturally aggresive toward other dogs its there personality. It will be pretty ...
Akita's tail4/28/2007Akita master
  Q: Chiloe's tail seemed to drop out on no where, the other day. She is acting the same, for the most ...
  A: Yes, there is a chance she could have sprung it but it is highly unlikly though. So my advice to you ...
Akita Query1/31/2007Akita master
  Q: i recently (26/01/2007) bred my bitch since then she keeps her tail down rather than curled up over ...
  A: Well I have heard of this many times and im afraid there is no correct answer for this. I have heard ...
sores9/17/2006Akita master
  Q: are family pet Teddy (Akita) just started to have some sore spots show up on his feet between his ...
  A: Ok i have thought about this matter some more and i have come to this. i think you should look at ...

Page:    1 

Akita