Alabama/Questions

SubjectDate AskedExpert
Tuscaloosa10/22/2012Leslie Johnston
  Q: I have a chance to spend a few days in Tuscaloosa while my husband is working. My question is: ...
  A: Absolutely! Tuscaloosa is a college town, home to the University of Alabama. The Crimson Tide ...
license3/9/2010Leslie Johnston
  Q: upon gaining res. in Alabama can i obtain a drivers license, having a revoked/suspend license in ...
  A: My gut says no, because you have to show them your out-of-state license to get an Alabama license. ...
weekend trips5/19/2008Leslie Johnston
  Q: What unique places are available for short trips from Birmingham?
  A: Wow! That is a very cool question. I will assume you mean trips an hour or less from Birmingham. * ...
Alabama Lake Houses4/1/2008Leslie Johnston
  Q: We are looking for a good, clean lake in Alabama to buy a house on as a permanent resident. We ...
  A: Well, this is kind of a hard question to answer without more information and especially with lake ...
RoadTrip3/4/2008Leslie Johnston
  Q: I am planning a roadtrip through the south with my brother. We currently live in California and we ...
  A: From what I can gather, I would recommend a flight from Memphis to New Orleans to reduce driving ...
Auburn University1/4/2008Leslie Johnston
  Q: I am an engineering student from India and i have applied to Auburn University,AL for fall2008.Do u ...
  A: Auburn University has a very fine engineering school and there are a lot of Indian students here. We ...
South has the most ignorance?8/8/2007Leslie Johnston
  Q: Though I have seen ignorance prevail through out the USA it seems to bottle neck here in the south. ...
  A: I think it depends on what part of the South and whether it is a rural or urban area. You don't say ...
Gulf Coast7/24/2007Leslie Johnston
  Q: I have spent hours looking at websites trying to determine if I want to rent a house or condo at ...
  A: I personally would choose Orange Beach. You can try the following web site: ...
baby sitters7/1/2007Leslie Johnston
  Q: I am looking for a babysitter for the week of 7/30 in Gulf Shores. My kids are 5,4 & 2 years of ...
  A: I think one option would be to hire someone from your hometown to go on vacation with you and serve ...
Condos/Hotels in Gulf Shores6/6/2007Leslie Johnston
  Q: My husband and I want to drive to gulf shores with another couple who are friends of ours. This is ...
  A: I have not visited Gulf Shores since before the hurricanes hit. However, here are some web sites ...
weddings12/29/2006Leslie Johnston
  Q: i am looking to get married in Alabama or Jamaica. we love the Alabama gulf coast. however Jamaica ...
  A: You can try the following web sites: www.gulfshores.com www.gulf-shores.net ...
Property tax sale7/12/2006Leslie Johnston
  Q: Do the state and or county court house have to notify property owner by certified mail before the ...
  A: I really need more information here. I am not sure what you mean by "property tax sale". However, I ...
lakes in huntsville7/1/2006Leslie Johnston
  Q: i was wondernig if you would share any info with me re the huntsville area and outdoor ...
  A: I am not terribly familiar with lakes in Hunstville. I would recommend Lake Guntersville, which is ...
thanks6/14/2006Leslie Johnston
  Q: I ran across your post from 1/2005 when someone asked about a realtor on Lake Martin. I wanted to ...
  A: I'm sorry I did not get back to you sooner, but I had a baby last week and am still recovering. She ...
Gulf Shores5/16/2006Leslie Johnston
  Q: We will be staying in Daphne, AL over Memorial Day weekend and want to spend time at the beaches. ...
  A: I have not been to the Gulf Shores area since the hurricanes. However, normally Orange Beach is a ...
Gulf Shores1/22/2006Leslie Johnston
  Q: Wonder if I can ask you one about Gulf Shores? My family and I (wife, children 11 & 9 years old), ...
  A: I think your family should be fine to visit Gulf Shores in April. I do not think you will run into ...
Gulf Shores Trip4/8/2005Leslie Johnston
  Q: I live in Ohio and we are planning a trip to Gulf Shores, Alabama in July. Can you please tell me ...
  A: The Birmingham Zoo is about 275 miles north of Mobile (about a 4 hour drive). I have been to it ...
Nightspots in Alabama3/14/2005Leslie Johnston
  Q: Greetings my dear Leslie, We are 2 mature men who are travelling together from the "Big Apple" who ...
  A: I found a link to some bars of interest to you in Alabama: http://www.pridenet.com/ala_bars.html I ...
Lake Martin & surrounding lakes1/2/2005Leslie Johnston
  Q: My brother and I are interested in locating a lake lot within 1-2 hours of atlanta. We actually ...
  A: Lake Martin I think would be a good choice. It is in Alexander City about 45 minutes north of ...
Freelance writer needed in Mobile area9/15/2004Leslie Johnston
  Q: I'm the managing editor of the web site for the Humane Society of the United States, and with Ivan ...
  A: Carman: I would do it myself but I am in the process of moving. My friend Ashley Hutcheson is a ...
Alabama lake property7/3/2004Leslie Johnston
  Q: Leslie - We (my husband and I) are looking for a lakehouse in Alabama. We live in Atlanta and would ...
  A: I would try Lake Logan Martin. It is right off of I-20 and includes the cities of Lincoln, Pell ...
John Carroll High School Question1/16/2003Leslie Johnston
  Q: Leslie, Can you tell me the name of the alumni of John Carroll High School who won the Nobel Peace ...
  A: It is good to hear from you! Eric Wieschaus from John Carroll c/o 1965 was awarded the Nobel Prize ...
Suburb(s) of Moible8/27/2002Leslie Johnston
  Q: I would like to know of any suburb(s) of Mobile and how far they are from Mobile. Thanks for the ...
  A: Well, here's a few outlying areas around Mobile. Hope this helps: Theodore: south of Mobile ...
Good beach for young children3/24/2002Leslie Johnston
  Q: I am thinking of spending a few days around the Gulf Shores area late spring/early summer 2002. I ...
  A: I would recommend anywhere in Gulf Shores. There are lots of hotels, condos and rental houses to ...
Gulf Shores or Orange Beach?9/30/2001Leslie Johnston
  Q: My husband and I are planning a one month stay in February or March, 2002 to either Gulf Shores or ...
  A: I think Gulf Shores would be the better choice. They have miles of nothing but cute little houses ...
Alabama Beaches6/25/2001Leslie Johnston
  Q: We are planning a trip to the Gulf Shores area. The 2 condos we have a choice of are in Orange ...
  A: I would chose Orange Beach. If you go to Fort Morgan, you will be at least 10 miles from any ...
Gulf Shores Trip6/8/2001Leslie Johnston
  Q: My friend and I and our children are leaving this Sunday AM on a trip to Gulf Shores for several ...
  A: As far as a route, I'm not really sure. Probably Hwy 78 to Birmingham. Then I-65 to just north of ...
alabama gulf coast12/12/2000Leslie Johnston
  Q: I am travelling in an RV for the month of January on Gulf state coast-line or close thereto. Am ...
  A: The Alabama Gulf Coast has a lot to offer. I don't know a lot about the RV camps, but I do have some ...
trying to find a chat rm or e-mail address at a Holiday Inn located at Muscle Schoals9/25/2000Don
  Q: As above, I thought a big outfit like Holiday Inn would have a website which I could access a home ...
  A: I did a search through askjeeves.com and asked for the Holiday Inn website and was successful in ...
Alabama Tourism4/7/2000Leslie Johnston
  Q: I am doing a project for college it will be a slide show of all states and what they are famous for. ...
  A: Hmmm...that is a toughie. Well, Birmingham has been known for our statue, Vulcan, who is the ...

Page:    1 

Alabama

Leslie Johnston

Top Expert on this page