Alaska/Questions

SubjectDate AskedExpert
Alaska in March6/27/2007Michael Donaldson
  Q: I am currently a teacher and was planning to visit Alaska this summer. However, much of my teaching ...
  A: I think that's great for your students to learn about all that. It sure was sad when Susan Butcher ...
Fairbanks6/19/2007Michael Donaldson
  Q: My husb, brother, and 4 year old daughter want to drive ANC to Fairbanks Jul9-11 and are looking for ...
  A: *FOLLOW-UP TO MY PREVIOUS ANSWER* Hello again Jean, Thank you for the very nice rating. Now I ...
Moving to Seward5/8/2007Michael Donaldson
  Q: My husband and I will be moving to Seward in July 08 after he graduates (Southwest School of Bible ...
  A: How exciting that you're about to move to one of the more beautiful towns in Alaska! I don't know ...
tours/rooms4/1/2007Michael Donaldson
  Q: A friend and I are traveling to Alaska by air for 10-14 days at the beginning of June. We are ...
  A: Your plan of renting a vehicle and going at it yourselves, is EXACTLY what I would recommend. You ...
no sign of winter end?3/14/2007Michael Donaldson
  Q: I plan to visit AK in late April or early May, however, I found the temperature in AK has been ...
  A: YC, Well, it's really hard for me to give you a good answer since you never wrote where in Alaska ...
Denali Trip1/6/2007Michael Donaldson
  Q: I want to take my 10 year old son on a week long camping trip to Denali. I live in San Jose, CA ...
  A: I would have written you earlier, but I just returned this evening from San Antonio to attend my ...
snakes in alaska10/23/2006Michael Donaldson
  Q: Me and my grandmother argue if theres snakes in alaska. I was wondering if there are any snakes in ...
  A: Even though extremely rare to see, the only snake that has been spotted in Alaska is Garter snakes. ...
Moving to Palmer,AK9/28/2006Damon
  Q: made a mistake on previous e-mail address. here's my question again: My husband and I and our two ...
  A: Wow, most people go the other way from AK to HI. Have you actually been to Palmer to see it for ...
Moving to Palmer, AK9/28/2006Michael Donaldson
  Q: My husband and I and our two kids (ages 2 & 7) are seriously considering moving to Alaska for my ...
  A: Well, if it gives you any indication how I feel about the Palmer area...I would pack my bags right ...
Planning trip to Anchorage in Nov/06....9/6/2006Damon
  Q: I will be visiting Anchorage (and Alaska) for the first time in November/06. I'm really excited ...
  A: I need a bit more info about what types of things you like to do. My hat is off to you for being so ...
Alaska glacier tours7/29/2006Michael Donaldson
  Q: We're going on a cruise to Alaska for the first time. The choices on land/tour excursions are ...
  A: Sounds like you have a nice trip planned, and those are great questions...I'll see if I can help you ...
RVing7/18/2006Damon
  Q: My family and I are renting an Rv for about 2 weeks the middle of August. We are tentatively ...
  A: I don't know much about the actual Denali Park as far as parking and overnighting. It is extremely ...
Touring Alaska from Anchorage7/16/2006Damon
  Q: My daughter and I want to go to Alaska and we don't want to spend alot on an expensive cruise. I can ...
  A: I need more information on the types of things you like to do. Will you have a car? Up for ...
Moving to Palmer5/31/2006Damon
  Q: I am a recent law graduate whose first post-law schooljob will be clerking in Palmer Alaska. I am ...
  A: First, congrats on graduating with with a degree that takes so much effort. Maybe I can ask you a ...
WE are just starting our planing...3/11/2006Michael Donaldson
  Q: WE are just starting our planing for a trip to Alaska. WE have a class A motor home. We hope to ...
  A: Sounds like you have an awesome trip planned and you're planning early which is great. The #1 ...
Alaska3/5/2006Damon
  Q: We want to visit Alaska in July and August. We are orientating how to get around and what are major ...
  A: Your question is a bit difficult to answer. Will you have the budget to fly from town to town, will ...
Travel in July 200612/20/2005Michael Donaldson
  Q: Michael, We're looking forward to visit your country in July next year but from Belgium it's rather ...
  A: I have the perfect book for you before taking off to Alaska. "The Milepost" is considered the ...
TV series seeks families moving to remote Alaska11/30/2005Michael Donaldson
  Q: Ricochet Films are the producers of the successful ABC series Super Nanny. We're now making a new ...
  A: Well that's about the most "interesting" question I've ever had the honor of receiving via ...
Alaska Visit11/14/2005Michael Donaldson
  Q: Michael, A simple question but with hopefully, a multitude of answers. We are planning on taking a ...
  A: Personally, I would take the latter choice and go in late August, early September. There's pro's and ...
4x4 tracks10/20/2005Damon
  Q: I travelled the southern part of Africa some times now. So I am used to quite some wilderness. I am ...
  A: The most popular way to explore "off-road" is to use a 4-wheeler. (Yamaha Suzuki or Polaris type ...
alaska5/9/2005Damon
  Q: Day trips would be great-We just want to see the great outdoors of AlaskaI will be going on a cruise ...
  A: 3 easy day trips I highly recommend 1. Head south towards Kenai/Seward to Portage Glacier. About ...
traveling from anchorage to fairbanks3/10/2005Damon
  Q: I'm coming to AK in June to visit a friend(he lives near fairbanks)(only his wife knows that i'm ...
  A: I don't quite understand your question. Are you going to be in Anchorage for awhile and then go to ...
RVing in Alaska2/20/2005Michael Donaldson
  Q: We,re going to do a round trip in alaska and yukon with an RV in June this year visiting: ...
  A: Those were some good questions and it sounds like you have a spectacular trip planned. As far as ...
to get job in alaska2/7/2005Ressie
  Q: so how i should aplly for any job there, do u know how to get visa to come there and what type of ...
  A: My knowledge is very limited in this area... However, what little I do know about the fishing ...
Auto transport by sea11/18/2004Damon
  Q: I am planning a trip to Alaska next September. If possible, I would like to drive the Alcan highway ...
  A: It certainly can be done, quite easily. Look up SeaLand Transport in Anchorage on the Web. They ...
Alaska in March/April7/21/2004Michael Donaldson
  Q: My fiance and I are planning to honeymoon in Alaska. No firm decisions have been made as yet and we ...
  A: First of all, congratulations on your upcoming wedding. I think it's awesome that you're even ...
Yukon & Alaska5/27/2004Michael Donaldson
  Q: Below you see how we drive. When you see our schedule what do you think that we may not miss here. ...
  A: This would be a lot easier if you just go ahead and write any followup questions to me at: ...
Alaska5/26/2004Damon
  Q: I am going to Alaska in 6 weeks time. I heared that there is a beautiful walk of a few hours near ...
  A: There are way too many hiking trails up there to know which you are refering to. Look on a map for ...
Alaska5/26/2004Michael Donaldson
  Q: We are going to Alaska/Yukon in 6 weeks time from now and have a few questions: - I read that there ...
  A: Wow! Sounds like a fantastic vacation up there you have planned. I wish I could hear where in the ...
Continental US or not5/19/2004Michael Donaldson
  Q: I was wondering if you know if Alaska and Hawaii are/aren't within the Continental US? Thank you
  A: I usually don't make a habit of answering 'homework' type of questions, since this is primarily a ...
Snakes in Alaska4/27/2004Michael Donaldson
  Q: Mr. Donaldson, I have a friend who is moving to Alaska and asked me if there are snakes and other ...
  A: The only known snakes in Alaska are the vicious "Alaskan Brown Bear Viper Snake" and ironically it ...
Alaskan Cruise4/25/2004Michael Donaldson
  Q: We will be travelling for a 14 day cruise from Vancouver through Ketchikan,Juneau, Skagway, ...
  A: Sounds like a great cruise you're about to embark on. I hope I can offer a little help with your ...
fishing4/6/2004Ron Smith
  Q: where is the best place to fish on the keni river?
  A: Wow! This question is so vague that the only answer I can think of is "In the water"! Seriously ...
Alaska trip3/30/2004Damon
  Q: Damon , My husband and I are planning a trip to Alaska this August . we will fly to Vancouver for 2 ...
  A: Seward and Homer are definately places to see. When you turn north, I would head up to Glennallen. ...
Alaska trip3/29/2004Michael Donaldson
  Q: Michael , My husband and I are planning a trip to Alaska beginning August 14th . We will be in the ...
  A: First of all, allow me to apologize for just getting back to you. I've been unusually busy the past ...
My husband and I are planning...6/21/2003Michael Donaldson
  Q: My husband and I are planning a 6 day trip to Alaska and are not at all familiar with Alaska and ...
  A: Sounds like you have an awesome trip planned. The #1 suggestion I give everyone planning a trip to ...
RVing6/17/2003Michael Donaldson
  Q: We are arriving in Alaska the first week in July and are renting a RV for 10 days. We would like to ...
  A: Sorry it took me so long to reply, but I just returned from an unscheduled business trip to ...

Page:    1 

Alaska