Algebra/Algebra

Question
An airline is planning its staffing needs for the next year. If a new route is approved, it will hire 840 new employees. If a new route is not granted, it will hire only 112 new employees. If the probability that a new route will be granted is 0.34, what is the expected number of new employees to be hired by the airline?
(Round to the nearest whole number.
I can't see to figure this problem out, sure could use your help.

Thanks

Answer
Hiring won't occur until the new route is approved or not.

If the possibility of the new route is 0.34.
That means the chance of no new route is 1 - 0.34 = 0.66.

Taking each probability times the number of employees gives 0.34*840 + 0.66*112.
That gives 285.6 + 73.92 = 359.52, which is the same as 360 employees.

Algebra

Scott A Wilson