Algebra/algebra science

a magnet is plunged into and out of a coil of wire 2 times per second.this induces 5 volts.

(a) if the rate of motion changes so that the magnet is plunged in and out 6 times per second ,what will be the new induced voltage?
(b) if the number of coils in the wire is doubled from 100 to 200 and the original rate of 2 times per second is kept the same ,what will be the new voltage induced?
age 62
I need to know how the answer is obtained? and the answer

the magnetic flux is proportional to NBA where N is the no. of turns, B is the strength of the magnetic field, and A is the area of the coil.  the current is proportional to the rate of change of flux with time.  
(a)if the rate increases by a factor of 3, so will the current, and hence, the voltage, up to 15 volts.
(b)if N increases by a factor of 2, so will the flux, and the current, and hence the voltage, up to 10 volts

Richard J. Raridon

I can answer questions in physics, chemistry, algebra, trigonometry

Have answered 10,000 questions on in the past two years

Sigma Xi, AAAS

chemistry and physics journals

BA in math and physics, MA in physics, PhD in chemistry