Algebra/Stamp Collection - Good Project Assignment Work ?

Dear Prof Richard

1. Can Stamp Collection be considered as a good Project Assignment work for School Children ?

2. Do you feel if considered as a part of project assignment, ages 11-13 would be the most appropriate for school children ?.

My Opinion

Stamp collection will add General Knowledge. So it will be useful if taken as part of a project work along with taken as a hobby.

Awaiting your reply,

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

Yes, it's a good assignment and a good hobby.  I started collecting stamps about 1943 when I was 12.  At that time there was a stamp for each president so I could remember that Lincoln was our 16th president since he was on a 16 cent stamp.  It also taught me a lot about geography since I learned which countries were part of the British Empire.  I quit buying nes stamps to put into albums but I still save interesting stamps that come in on letters.  I would be willing to send you a bunch of stamps that you could share with young people if you would send me your address.  

Richard J. Raridon

I can answer questions in physics, chemistry, algebra, trigonometry

Have answered 10,000 questions on in the past two years

Sigma Xi, AAAS

chemistry and physics journals

BA in math and physics, MA in physics, PhD in chemistry