Algebra/Digital Electronic meters Clock in taxis and auto rickshaws
Dear Prof Scott
Both the products are installed in Taxicabs and Auto rickshaws for displaying the fare as per the distance traveled to the passenger. Meters function with two independent variables i.e. waiting time from which the dependent parameter called fare and distance traveled by the passenger. There is also a Digital Clock displayed on the electronic meter which can be only viewed i.e. Time in Hours:Minutes Format.
There are two fares mathematical calculations for the distance traveled as per Day and Night Fare charges.
1. Day Time Fare charges. Time period : 6 am to 11 pm.
2. Night Time Fare charges. Time period : 11 pm to 6 am.
The Night Time Fare charges as compared to the Day Time Fare charges are more for the passengers as per the distance traveled.
The consumer can change the date and time in the Electronic products viz digital, analog wrist watches, wall clocks, cell phones, computers etc with the help of rotating switches, push buttons.
But this facility is not provided to the taxi or auto rickshaw owner where the electronic meter product is installed.
Could this be the reasons mentioned ?.
1. There are chances that the taxi/rickshaw owner may misuse the electronic meter product by adjusting the time well in advance (i.e. keeping the Time Ahead) so that he may get more money during night time.
As a example, Actual Time is 10:30 pm night, the taxi/rickshaw owner/driver changes the time to 11:00 pm. i.e. 1/2 hour or 30 minutes ahead. Now if a passengers who boards the taxi/rickshaw at 10:30 pm
travels a distance of say 15 minutes in the taxi or rickshaw. The electronic meter will do the mathematical
computations as per 11:00 pm clock set i.e. Night Time so it has computed from 11:00 pm to 11:15 pm and not from 10:30 pm to 10:45 pm. So the Passenger has to pay more money as per the night charges fare though the actual night fare will start from 11:00 pm.
2. Are there chances that the programming logic for fare calculations as per the distance traveled for the time parameter (time : Day period, Night period) may not work properly if the taxi or auto rickshaw owner manually adjust the time ?.
Among the two probable reasons, which could be the likely reason or there could be any more reason ?
3. Do you feel the electronic meter installed in the taxis and auto rickshaws can be modified with push
buttons externally which will allow the taxi or auto rickshaw owner to manually adjust the time if the
above probable problem/s are solved without opening or disassembling the electronic meter ?.
Awaiting your reply,
Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar.
1. The time machines on the taxi cabs could be designed so that they couldn't be changed by the taxi drivers, but only at the main station. Even then, there is always somebody somewhere that tries to do their own thing to get rich. For rickshaws, it might be a little harder to put such a machine in.
When this is done, however, when there is one person somewhere praying against them, their plans will fail. See, if you know God is real and start by giving him 10% of your gross, he amply supplies your needs. There was once a famous man in America that was one of the richest who gave 90% of what he made to the church.
Taken out of http://christianity.about.com/od/whatdoesthebiblesay/a/bibleandwealth.htm
"Each week, the host visited celebrities and royalty at their luxurious mansions, fawning
over their exotic cars, million-dollar jewelry, and lavish wardrobes. It was conspicuous
consumption at its most nauseating, and viewers couldn't get enough of it.
But don't we all secretly envy the rich and famous? Don't we believe that if only we were
rich, it would solve all our problems? Don't we long to be recognized and loved by millions
This craving for fortune is nothing new. Two thousand years ago Jesus said, "It is easier
for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of
God." (Mark 10:25 NIV)
Why is that? Jesus, who knew the human heart better than anyone ever has or ever will,
understood that it's a matter of priorities. Too often, rich people make wealth their number
one priority instead of God. They spend most of their time making wealth, spending it, and
increasing it. In a very real sense, money becomes their idol."
It's time to get back on track.
2. Yes, but that's between the owner and God. He who overcharges customers has little reward in heaven as far as the dealings with money are concerned.
3. Yes, I have the feeling that meters could be set in to charge people the right amount.
However, from what I've seen, the overcharge on someone is a judgment from God on them doing something wrong somewhere else. The more money that people give to God, the better off they do with their own money. The more time they give to God, the better they do with their own time. The more energy they give to learning of God, the more energy God spends on them. To summarize, the more of whatever God gets from each person, the more whatever God allows them to have.
We're not Famous, but ...
See, God's the one
that sent his Son
to save us all,
so let's go fall
and give him praise
on all our days
for in his name
is all the fame!