Richard could not answer these two questions because he says he doesn't do domains. I was wondering if you do? Also, I understand that you had a hard time reading it. I had no idea that the questions were this small even on a 100% zoom. It looked big enough to read from my computer at this zoom. I'm truly sorry you had so much trouble reading the questions and answers. From now on, I'll just take my time to write down all the questions for you guys. Much is appreciated for trying though! :)

6) Find the domain of the function:  
h(y) = (y^3-8)(y+2)^-3

7) Find the domain of the function:

The domain of a function is a list of what values can be put in to get a value out.

6) The ył-8 can take y as any real value.
The (y+2)^-3 is really 1/(y+2)^3, and that can take any value except y = -2.
The domain is then all y from minus infinity to infinity except y = -2.

7) As written, that is (t+1)(t+4)/t - 1, since multiplication and division are done first.
The way to evaluate that would be to compute t+1, then t+4, multiply them, then divide by t,
and then subtract 1 from the answer.  The domain there would be all to except t = 0.

I assume that is suppose to be (t+1)(t+4)/(t-1), which is a little different.
The domain here would be where t-1 <> 0, and that would be all t except for t = 1.

Scott A Wilson

Any algebraic question you've got. That includes question that are linear, quadratic, exponential, etc.

I have solved story problems, linear equations, parabolic equations. I have also solved some 3rd order equations and equations with multiple variables.

Documents at Boeing in assistance on the manufacturiing floor.

MS at math OSU in mathematics at OSU, 1986. BS at OSU in mathematical sciences (math, statistics, computer science), 1984.

Both my BS and MS degrees were given with honors.

Students in a wide variety of areas since the 80's; over 1,000 of them have been in algebra.