Algebra/algebra

Question
Hi Scott
I am on Allexperts as an expert in Biology and you would expect I would be able to make a simple calculation But I guess I have lost it. My house was appraised at $174,500 which is 35% of the market value. I cannot remember how to find the Market value.

Answer
If we are told that something is at 35% of the market value,
we need to divide what the value was by 35%, or 0.35.
That is becouse 100% is the same as 1.

Thus, 174,500/0.35 = $513,235.29.
Rounding to 4 places (since that value at the start only has four places) gives 513,200.

By the way, biology was the only course I ever received a D in.
All other courses I have taken I received a grade of at least a C.

Algebra

Scott A Wilson