Algebra/Cat Senses.

Dear Prof Scott

Our relative has a Cat which got lost about 5 kilometers far from his house while travelling in a Car near a river bridge. The cat jumped out of the vehicle.

The Cat returned to the House after 8 days of its own.

Is this unbelievable ?. But its is a Fact.

Will you attribute this to Cat's Smell for tracing his master's house ?.

5 kilometers = 3.1 miles which is quite far a distance.

Isn't it ?.

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

Yes, I believe it.  Once our cat wandered away as well.  We search for him for a long time, and didn't find him.  After looking near where we'd lost him and checking a few houses nearby, she said she needed to check one more spot.  I stayed in the car and waited.  In a few minutes, I saw her coming back without the cat.  In a few more seconds, I saw that cat behind her.  It was a cat that she seldom carried that would follow her anywhere, and I figured she had found the cat.  I told her that she had done a good job, but she told me she hadn't found him.  I then said she had, but she still said she hadn't.  I then asked her which cat was following her, and she said there wasn't one.  I told her to turn around, and she was totally surprised that he was there.

He was an adorable cat, but when he first met me, he swatted me.  After that he was always friendly.  We gave him the name of, 'Fiend'.  This was due to his attitude of gently people.

While he was in our possession, we were at college, and he was a junk food junkie.  One night we had ordered a pizza, and had temporarily left the room.  When we got back, we found out the he had eaten some of it on his own - crust and all.  There were a few other times when he had a few of our potato chips.  Anyway, my wife got him on Halloween and he died 5 years later on Halloween.

Scott A Wilson

Any algebraic question you've got. That includes question that are linear, quadratic, exponential, etc.

I have solved story problems, linear equations, parabolic equations. I have also solved some 3rd order equations and equations with multiple variables.

Documents at Boeing in assistance on the manufacturiing floor.

MS at math OSU in mathematics at OSU, 1986. BS at OSU in mathematical sciences (math, statistics, computer science), 1984.

Both my BS and MS degrees were given with honors.

Students in a wide variety of areas since the 80's; over 1,000 of them have been in algebra.