Algebra/system of linear Equation and Matrices

(1) Please help me solve this equation by Using Gauss-Jordan method

(2) Find the production matrix for the following input-output and demand matrics using open model

A= [ o.1]   [0.03]       D= [5][10]  
  [0.07]   [0.6 ]

My computer got hung up for awhile and I wasn't able to answer questions,
but I think that it has been freed from this problem ... at least so far, so good.

The Gauss-Jordan method makes that matrix have ones in the diagonal with 0's down below.
For the matrix
4 -2  3
-2  3  1,
the first step would be to divide the 1st row by 4 and
at the same time add half of the first row to the second row.

This would give us the matrix
1  -0.5  0.75
0   2.0  3.00  { with the numbers written with same number of digits to align them better }.

The next things to do would be to divide the 2nd row by 2, giving
1  -0.5  0.75
0   1.0  1.50.

Once in this form, the solution is x2 = 1.5.
Using x1 - 0.5x2 = 0.75, this says x1 -.75 = 0.75, so x1 = 1.5 as well.

For large matrices, this allows the matrix to be solved with far fewer steps than zeroing out the entire column.

Scott A Wilson

Any algebraic question you've got. That includes question that are linear, quadratic, exponential, etc.

I have solved story problems, linear equations, parabolic equations. I have also solved some 3rd order equations and equations with multiple variables.

Documents at Boeing in assistance on the manufacturiing floor.

MS at math OSU in mathematics at OSU, 1986. BS at OSU in mathematical sciences (math, statistics, computer science), 1984.

Both my BS and MS degrees were given with honors.

Students in a wide variety of areas since the 80's; over 1,000 of them have been in algebra.