Algebra/Algebra 1

The Parents Club Wants to sell buttons to raise money for the local community center sports program. The buttons cost 80 cents each, and the club buys 1,400 of them.

How much total profit will they make if they charge $3.00 for each button and sell all of the buttons?

Since the cost 80c each and sell for $3.50, this leads to a profit of $3.50 - $0.80 = $27.
That is the amount of profit for each button, and there are 1,400 buttons, the answer would
be 1,400 at $27 per button.

Since this is the same amount for each of the 1,400 buttons, the total amount would be
1,400 * $27.  That looks like a little less than $40,000, and it seems to be $37,800,
but check it yourself.

Scott A Wilson

Any algebraic question you've got. That includes question that are linear, quadratic, exponential, etc.

I have solved story problems, linear equations, parabolic equations. I have also solved some 3rd order equations and equations with multiple variables.

Documents at Boeing in assistance on the manufacturiing floor.

MS at math OSU in mathematics at OSU, 1986. BS at OSU in mathematical sciences (math, statistics, computer science), 1984.

Both my BS and MS degrees were given with honors.

Students in a wide variety of areas since the 80's; over 1,000 of them have been in algebra.