Algebra/Overload protection for Cable Car - Aerial Lift Tramway.

Question
Dear Prof Scott

Is it possible to design Audible Alarm system for Cable Car which will trigger alarm bells on occurance of exceeding maximum passengers load?.

Thanks
Prashant

Answer
Yes, and all they would need to do is wire it in to prevent movement if he load is exceeded.
Of course, there might be some reason it needs to move anyway and for that the people who guide the cable cars could be given a special switch to let it go.  The way technology is going, it wouldn't even need to be on the cable car at all.

Algebra

Scott A Wilson