Algebra/Overload protection for Elevators.

Dear Prof Scott

Is it possible to design audible alarm system for Elevators which will trigger alarm bells on occurance of exceeding maximum load capacity of the Elevator?.

Yes, and perhaps it would be good to give it an obnoxious noise, so people would be urged to get off.  This could be put in so little clamps come out on the outside of the elevator and it holds tight to the wall.  That way the elevator couldn't even be moved.

Now perhaps there could be someone who insists that have something that needs to go up but it is to heavy.  For this, a service elevator should be put in to handle large weights with a special key required to open in.

Scott A Wilson

Any algebraic question you've got. That includes question that are linear, quadratic, exponential, etc.

I have solved story problems, linear equations, parabolic equations. I have also solved some 3rd order equations and equations with multiple variables.

Documents at Boeing in assistance on the manufacturiing floor.

MS at math OSU in mathematics at OSU, 1986. BS at OSU in mathematical sciences (math, statistics, computer science), 1984.

Both my BS and MS degrees were given with honors.

Students in a wide variety of areas since the 80's; over 1,000 of them have been in algebra.