Algebra/Overload protection for Elevators.

Question
Dear Prof Scott

Is it possible to design audible alarm system for Elevators which will trigger alarm bells on occurance of exceeding maximum load capacity of the Elevator?.

Thanks
Prashant

Answer
Yes, and perhaps it would be good to give it an obnoxious noise, so people would be urged to get off.  This could be put in so little clamps come out on the outside of the elevator and it holds tight to the wall.  That way the elevator couldn't even be moved.

Now perhaps there could be someone who insists that have something that needs to go up but it is to heavy.  For this, a service elevator should be put in to handle large weights with a special key required to open in.

Algebra

Scott A Wilson