Alternative Energy (Solar/Wind)/Questions

SubjectDate AskedExpert
solar energy12/23/2015Marshall Scott
  Q: I am a chemical engineer in Iran and want to work on solar stills. I have two books in this field ...
  A: Sorry my expertise is installing and servicing solar pool heating , solar electric and solar hot ...
solar generators8/13/2014Marshall Scott
  Q: I want to get solar generator so I can grow my herbs and plants inside with flourescent lights. What ...
  A: The solar world is always coming out with new products so I wanted to familiarize my self with the ...
Solar battery charge controller7/4/2014Marshall Scott
  Q: I have two set of 45 watts solar power kit by Harbor Freight (90 watts total)with 4x 12 volts 32ah ...
  A: Quick note: I work with residential size battery backup systems and have never dealt with any kit ...
inverter question2/1/2014Marshall Scott
  Q: I am in the process of installing six Evergreen ES-170 SL solar panels at my home. These are circa ...
  A: I have worked with Evergreen panels and the Enphase micro-inverters. Although I have seen Aurora ...
What is a good price per acre to lease my land to a solar farm8/17/2013Marshall Scott
  Q: What is a good price per acre to lease my land to a solar farm. I live in CT. I've seen a lot of ...
  A: Sorry, I have been out of town for the last couple weeks and forgot to tell Allexperts. Anyway, this ...
Solar Dish5/22/2013Marshall Scott
  Q: What is Solar dish? Is it feasible to generate electricity to meet residential needs through solar ...
  A: The solar dish technology I know of is only for commercial, large scale production. I have never ...
renting our land for solar farm4/22/2013Marshall Scott
  Q: We have recently been contacted by a solar company wanting to lease part of our land to put a solar ...
  A: >Hello, >This is a little beyond my expertise but I put in an inquiry with a fellow associate who ...
Solar Energy3/15/2013Marshall Scott
  Q: My son is doing a science project on solar energy, and we decided we should ask an expert! ...
  A: What it takes for a solar system to work is all dependent on the application. Solar energy ...
Solar powered motion detecting security lights1/12/2013Marshall Scott
  Q: Are solar powered security lights up to the task of providing adequate illumination of protected ...
  A: "Providing adequate lighting" is all up to the end users perspective. If you want a light to turn ...
Solar use during power outage11/10/2012Marshall Scott
  Q: I was thinking of getting a backup gas generator for emergencies, I also have solar panels that are ...
  A: A grid only system is the most common, most efficient and most affordable of solar PV. The ...
solar eqiupment/ tips?9/21/2012Marshall Scott
  Q: HOw much do you think i'm looking at to go solar on a 100 AMP house? Just if you could list all the ...
  A: Let me make a couple thing clear up front. I can advise about NEC code in regard to solar and I can ...
Could you help me calculate actual solar needed for my system?4/19/2012Marshall Scott
  Q: ok so I am still learning, and I THINK I know the answer but I figured I would ask some experts ...
  A: I am happy to help you out, but first I need you to resubmits the question again as a private ...
Solar Panel Charging for Wheelchairs4/3/2012Marshall Scott
  Q: Marshall, I was wondering if you could answer my question about Solar panel Charging for my power ...
  A: I have been doing Allexperts for many years, but I am going to have to stop because I started my own ...
Solar Farm1/1/2012Marshall Scott
  Q: We are interested in setting up a solar farm on our property. We have about 4-5 acres that are on ...
  A: I am residential installer so solar farms are not my expertise and I have researched and answered ...
solar energy10/6/2011Marshall Scott
  Q: I would like to know where I can learn about how to install solar panels or just information on the ...
  A: Lets take the last part first. To provide power for an outlet or two, you would need either a 12 ...
Solar Power off grid9/18/2011Marshall Scott
  Q: I have volunteered myself to plan and install solar power to our local putting green shed. We need ...
  A: The key here is to figure out what your actually power needs are. As you probably know Volts X Amps ...
off line solar power9/11/2011Agis Liberakis
  Q: I have solar panels that are rated at 5,000 watts. It is interfaced with the utility company and ...
  A: Yes there is. You can do it either directly from the inverter, but this will give you power only ...
selling PV power to the grid8/17/2011Agis Liberakis
  Q: I am looking into purchasing a plot of land in Arizona and developing it for the means of producing ...
  A: This is probably a good long-term investment. Arizona has very good energy yields due to strong, ...
Solar Energy Estimating8/14/2011Agis Liberakis
  Q: I am trying to ask what I think is a simple question, but I am having trouble getting an answer. I ...
  A: First a clarification: kW/m^2 is a measure of "power per unit area", not energy. Power is the ...
Increasing solar gain with reflectors6/1/2011Marshall Scott
  Q: I have recently completed building our passive solar home that utilizes a sunroom (isolated from the ...
  A: It is a great idea and I have heard others mention the design but have never heard of the result. ...
how to figure solar energy usage5/9/2011Agis Liberakis
  Q: How do you find out how much energy you need with solar panels and eqiupment and how do you ...
  A: This is a very open question with more than one answers, depending on what you want to get from it. ...
how to figure solar energy usage5/9/2011Marshall Scott
  A: I am going to assume you mean solar electric (PV) and not solar hot water or solar pool heating. I ...
solar energy4/23/2011Marshall Scott
  Q: sir i m student of mechanical engineering depart..... i want to ask u that im gonna build a solar ...
  A: I don't quite understand the question the way it is written and as an ignorant American, I only ...
solar energy3/22/2011Marshall Scott
  Q: My name is Ahmad and I am in the 6th grade. I am doing a science project on solar energy. I need to ...
  A: Solar is a general term for the use of the sun's energy. Commonly, we harvest the sun in three ways ...
individual energy3/15/2011Agis Liberakis
  Q: This question may be a bit too esoteric for you. I'm wondering, in light of things like nuclear ...
  A: This technology exists: it's called "woodstove". Seriously now: In general, it is not difficult to ...
Solar switch to control circ pump2/6/2011Marshall Scott
  Q: I am looking all over for a simple photovoltaic switch to control a very small circ pump for active ...
  A: I am not familiar with a switch for this application, as my solar hot water applications I never ...
alternative energies1/6/2011Marshall Scott
  Q: I wanted to know if you could suggest some kinds of technologies that use alternative energies that ...
  A: The term of alternative energies really means alternatives from supplied resources (i.e water, ...
solar wiring12/12/2010Marshall Scott
  Q: Hey Marshall...I am a fellow expert here @ Allexperts in the flooring dept. I am considering ...
  A: Are you planning to operate as 12v like an RV or 120v like a standard home? As normal, the Volts = ...
solar energy cons11/23/2010Agis Liberakis
  Q: I have a quality of life project for my school. And in this project i have to an expert about my ...
  A: Sorry for taking so long to answer your question. Been rather busy lately. We need to first define ...
LED solar,- garden / door lights.11/18/2010Agis Liberakis
  Q: I am thinking of buying solar door lights. During the darker days and without direct sunlight.- If ...
  A: Please provide some more detail: 1. I presume your current idea is to buy some stand-alone units, ...
fire and windmill11/9/2010Agis Liberakis
  Q: I was just wondering if fire could be used to turn the blades of a windmill. Much like the solar ...
  A: This is not quite a "Renewables & Wind" question. However, as an Engineer I can comment thus: Your ...
Washing Solar Panels8/9/2010Marshall Scott
  Q: This question has multiple parts. I assume that washing panels does help keep theis efficiency ...
  A: If the panels are covered with a coat of dust, the amount of loss can be quite significant. I have ...
solar home6/6/2010Marshall Scott
  Q: Quick question can a home thats being powered by fossil fuels be powered exactly by just solar ...
  A: The answer is yes .. and depends. A house can have all of its heating and electrical needs meet by ...
Wind Turbine Lease Values6/4/2010Marshall Scott
  Q: I am new to this page and not sure if I am asking the correct expert these questions, so please bear ...
  A: I asked around to people I know in the solar industry and I could not get you a lead or an answer to ...
Solar charging a car's battery5/28/2010Marshall Scott
  Q: I have a summer house with no electricity. It is very complicated to get electricity to run there, ...
  A: Let me quickly address the battery issue first. A car battery is designed for a specific task by ...
ask5/13/2010Marshall Scott
  Q: I would like to ask help. I want to do a research on how to convert the heat from our roof using ...
  A: I don't believe there is a way to turn heat from a galvanized iron roof into practical electricity ...
my project4/30/2010Marshall Scott
  Q: and possibly little wind turbines in the front of the car and on the side view mirrors. But I need a ...
  A: Matthew - Your RC car wants 6v and ?? amps to run. Do the solar panels match (or better yet, are a ...
commercial solar system4/26/2010Marshall Scott
  Q: my background is a nuclear professional (nuclear operator retired), farming background and ...
  A: As I am, and have always been in a urban environment, I need to say that your situation is a bit ...
Solar Powered Computer4/21/2010Marshall Scott
  Q: I am currently researching about solar power and the ability to power up a mini ITX computer for ...
  A: First I would recommend at the least a deep cycle battery as they are better suited for the use you ...
solar charging4/11/2010Marshall Scott
  Q: if i am trying to hookup a 12v deep cycle battery to a solar panel and use a 700 to 1000 watt ...
  A: The answer is: it depends on what you are using the backup system for. The battery should have a ...

Page:    1  |  2  |  3  |  4  |  5  |  6  |  7   |  Next       All

Alternative Energy (Solar/Wind)