Alternative Energy (Solar/Wind)/solar energy

Question
Hi Marshall
I am a chemical engineer in Iran and want to work on solar stills. I have two books in this field but each of them has few pages on this issue. I am looking for more sources. I am at the beginning of the way and have to raise my knowledge. Would you help me and recommend me what to do?Do you a person or company or something else that has worked on this title? I need others experience to avoid wasting time.
Best regards
Zohreh

Answer
Sorry my expertise is installing and servicing solar pool heating , solar electric and solar hot water for small scale commercial and residential homes.  My only experience with solar stills is the one my sons and I built in the my sons Boyscout Troop for outdoor survival.  I looked around the internet and I couldn't find anythng as a large scale system. I only found "one-man" small systems that you can buy. They would only be useful for one person and I suspect you are looking for something more robust.  

I did a six month walkabout in Australia about 15 years ago and I found that culturally they were much more involved in all manner of energy and resource alternatives.  I suspect if you focused your search in that area of the world you may be able to find what you are looking for.  Sorry I couldn't be much more help.

Mashall

Alternative Energy (Solar/Wind)

Marshall Scott