Alternative Medicine/Questions

SubjectDate AskedExpert
Possible Thyroid Nodule3/19/2017Eric Brandt
  Q: I'm a 51 y/o female who was put on Synthroid for about 3 years along with many other prescribed ...
  A: The supplements would not help. On the contrary, kelp could make things worse. Kelp contains iodine ...
ALT levels2/16/2017Peter Melamed PhD
  Q: I had another question that I was hoping that you could give me your opinion on... My ALT levels ...
  A: Steve! If the person does not use alcohol, the high level of the blood liver enzymes typically ...
Low Testosterone2/15/2017Peter Melamed PhD
  Q: Can you please give me any pointers on how to raise testosterone naturally? I am big on supplements ...
  A: Steve! I do not know your age, medical date, eating habits, alcohol, etc. Therefore, I cannot give ...
Herbal approach to deal with prostatitis2/14/2017Eric Brandt
  Q: I'm a 22 years old male. After suffering from voiding difficulties that are obstructive as well as ...
  A: This is a puzzle. The first thing that comes to mind is that you are very underweight and possibly ...
Herbal approach to deal with prostatitis2/14/2017Peter Melamed PhD
  Q: Peter! I'm a 22 years old male. After suffering from voiding difficulties that are obstructive as ...
  A: Nicholas! Two things you have now: chronic prostatitis and dysbiosis that causing by antibiotics. I ...
Bp medicine1/24/2017Eric Brandt
  Q: My bp was 152/102. I'm a non smoker. They ran all kinds of tests and everything checked ok. I do ...
  A: The drug monograph describes diarrhea as a side effect. However, in my 38 years of practice I have ...
Acid Reflux/Rosacea1/24/2017Tonja Wells
  Q: I’ve had a cough for over ten years. I have never smoked anything in my life. I’ve been to multiple ...
  A: I would start a food diary. If food makes your heart pound faster that can mean you are having an ...
glaucoma1/15/2017Ronda Snow, Ph.D.
  Q: do you know of any natural treatment to treat and/or prevent glaucoma naturally? thanks
  A: This is a complicated answer in several parts, so please hang in there with me, ok? First, Glaucoma ...
conceiving1/6/2017Tonja Wells
  Q: hi i am 29 i had stopped taking birth control in july and i still aam not pregnant i have one child ...
  A: I grew up in Missouri. Their can be several reasons you are not pregnant yet. Do you know for sure ...
Trying to help a friend in need12/30/2016Jeff Cooper
  Q: Cooper, I have a friend who I have known for about 3 years now. I met him through another friend ...
  A: First, I would like to commend you for being open minded enough to try to help a friend in ways ...
Trying to help a friend in need12/30/2016Peter Melamed PhD
  Q: Melamed, I have a friend who I have known for about 3 years now. I met him through another friend ...
  A: Steve! I consider you are very kind person who wants to help other people. Homeless behavior is the ...
Yoga for hypertension12/5/2016Shashank Shekhar Pandey
  Q: I am a diabetic since last 7 years and my bp is slightly increasing now. It is 140/90. If it goes ...
  A: Do Suksham Vyayam. After that do deep breathing Pranayams such as Bhastrika, Anulome-vilome and ...
Asafoetida (Hing) ?11/25/2016Shashank Shekhar Pandey
  Q: I suffer from irritable bowel syndrome, that presents as very painfull and prominant abdominal ...
  A: People, in India, use/consume a little bit of asafetida on a daily basis by adding it to curries and ...
Sjogren's Syndrome11/19/2016Tonja Wells
  Q: I was diagnosed with Sjogren's in 2013 when I suddenly began getting hand inflammation and dry ...
  A: You always want to make sure you take a quality D3 and you might personally need K2 with it. You ...
Any treatment11/7/2016Shashank Shekhar Pandey
  Q: Hey Shashank Ji, Pleasure writing to you. I've been facing a very unconventional problem for the ...
  A: Have you visited Vaidya Devendra Dev Triguna in Delhi? I advise you to visit Vaidya Devendra Dev ...
a real thought broadcaster11/3/2016Jeff Cooper
  Q: I am a real thought broadcaster. My thougts and five senses are transmitted to people around me for ...
  A: I am not sure that I completely understand what you are describing. You thoughts and 5 senses? ...
Tooth abscess and dead root10/31/2016Sharon Erdrich
  Q: I went to a new Dentist today for a second opinion about a painful tooth. In short, the Dentist ...
  A: It's usual for the dentist to want to "save the tooth - at all costs" (yours of course)! I am leery ...
Early 40's with borderline low testosterone10/26/2016Sharon Erdrich
  Q: I am a male in my early 40's. I am an avid body builder (no steroids) and I believe that I take care ...
  A: First issue is "why is your testosterone low"? There are a number of natural/botanical options but I ...
Herbs or natural remedies for infected tooth10/26/2016Eric Brandt
  Q: I have an issue with a tooth and it has been causing me some pain. I went and saw my Dentist this ...
  A: My thought are that you should complete the course of antibiotic prescribed and follow you dentist's ...
Infected tooth and abscess10/26/2016Peter Melamed PhD
  A: Steve! If you have the infected inflammation on the end of the root of your tooth, you need to open ...
Storing herbal supplement10/11/2016Kindred Beisinger penname K D Elizabeth Beisinger
  Q: Hey I was wondering the best way to store a powdered herbal supplement. I know ppl who freze it in ...
  A: Both methods you have mentioned are good. I use canning jars with sealing lids and moisture ...
Coumarin in cinnamon and cassia teas.10/11/2016Sharon Erdrich
  Q: I know the difference between cassia and the other forms of cinnamon. Through basic internet ...
  A: I'm not sure where you got your info, but coumarin is very soluble in ether, diethyl ether, ...
Naturally calming medications9/20/2016Sharon Erdrich
  Q: My 4 year old son is sooo busy, he has been taken to Doctors who have so far ruled out ADHD or any ...
  A: The very best of the calming herbs for children are chamomile and lemon balm. Make a herbal tea ...
concern about inexplicable pain7/26/2016Dr. Noah Edvalson
  Q: i do not know if this would be within your preview, but i have been, sadly, perusing the internet ...
  A: This type of severe pain without a clear explanation/cause requires a further workup. You should ...
Can I avoid a root canal?6/29/2016Sharon Erdrich
  Q: I have had a sore tooth for about a year. My Dentist has filled a large cavity and said the root may ...
  A: This is always a difficult decision. The dentist's objective is to "save the tooth" at all costs! ...
Folic acid6/23/2016Tonja Wells
  Q:
  A: I can only suggest taking the recommended amount unless their is a health issues that otherwise ...
constipation5/23/2016Jayne Boyle
  Q: I don't know if this is in your field.i am 83 and always constipated.have moderate kidney ...
  A: Yes have you tried fiber. It's amazing. It comes Ina powdered for . You put in water and drink ...
Books4/27/2016Sharon Erdrich
  Q: My father is trying to put together a disaster kit. He would like a book about alternative medicine. ...
  A: You are quite right - this is an enormous area. Many of the resources are designed for clinicians, ...
Book Question4/27/2016Peter Melamed PhD
  Q: I am looking for a book about healing using herbs, vitamins, and such. Or I guess what is called ...
  A: There is a book “Prescription for Nutritional Healing” by Phyllis A.Balch, CNC. You may find it on ...
Hair loss4/13/2016Peter Melamed PhD
  Q: I saw that you deal in nutritional supplementation and are a holistic practitioner. I am a man who ...
  A: Your question is worth of millions of dollars. Male alopecia deepens on many genetic, hormonal, ...
Can you beat thinning hair naturally?4/13/2016Sharon Erdrich
  Q: I am a male in my early 40's and have thinning hair. I wondered what your opinion was on whether I ...
  A: some benefit may be gained by using natural hair tonics made with essential oils. There is some ...
Difference Between Drugs and Herbs4/2/2016Sharon Erdrich
  Q: What would you say is the difference between how herbs and pharmaceutical drugs work? I've come up ...
  A: Not too hard, just too demanding on my time to give you a full and proper answer. Some of your ...
Low ferritin question3/25/2016Peter Melamed PhD
  Q: I recently had some blood work done and it shows that my ferritin levels are at 13. My doctor seems ...
  A: It's hard to say what reason is and what the consequence is. You have many symptoms of the hidden ...
Uterine issues3/24/2016Jayne Boyle
  Q: I am a 32 year old female, 5'7" ht currently at 67 kg odd. All my twenties i was at 56kg or so and ...
  A: It's possibly to resolve but with extreme measures. Diet should be 80 percent veggies mostly raw, ...
Difference Between Herbs and Drugs?3/7/2016Eric Brandt
  Q: What is the difference between how herbs and pharmaceutical drugs work? I've come up with the ...
  A: A) False. Drugs sometimes have moe than one active ingredient. B) False. Drugs sometimes have ...
Neem For Diabetes3/7/2016Milan Mehta
  Q: Is neem beneficial in helping with diabetes? What is the best way of taking neem - capsules, tea ...
  A: Regret delay in replying. Neem definately works on Diabetic patients. There are hundreds of Food / ...
liver size increased2/26/2016Milan Mehta
  Q: Sir I have perfomed test of my blood in routine my LFT came out Cholesterol 225 triglycerides 372 ...
  A: Regret delay in replying. Since you are open to Alternative medicines, My best suggestion is that ...
foods/herbs/supplements/to fight bronchitis2/21/2016Ask Suz
  Q: A lady Doctor diagnosed me with Acute bronchitis. You are right when you mentioned before I have a ...
  A: you ask, "Are there other foods, herbs or supplements I should try to fight off bronchitis and to ...
Betaine HCl and Birth Control2/18/2016Peter Melamed PhD
  Q: I have been taking Betaine HCl recently for digestive problems (Thorne Research with 520mg betaine ...
  A: I like your question. I presume that you take good care of yourself. Let me start by end. You’re ...
Female struggling to lose weight2/13/2016Sharon Erdrich
  Q: I’m a 40 year old female and experience high levels of exhaustion. I work full time and I’m often ...
  A: It can be very frustrating, dealing with exhaustion! Firstly, I would recommend you get a proper ...

Page:    1  |  2  |  3  |  4  |  5  |  6  |  7  |  8  |  9  |  10   |  Next       All

Alternative Medicine

Peter Melamed PhD

Top Expert on this page