Alternative Medicine/CLL early stage supportive treatment

Question
Hi, I am Vivek from India. I am diagnosed CLL about six months back. The Lymphocytes count is around 45^3 u/L & my oncologist has advised me to wait & watch before prescribing any therapy.I read about ECGC, which helps reverse the tendency to a certain extent. What food will you suggest I should start eating to supplement my dies which is generally vegetarian.
Thanks,
Vivek

Answer
Vivek,first I am sorry that you now have to deal with this health issue.  CLL or Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia is a generally slow moving type
Of cancer. The advice given to you to "watch and wait" is typical by oncologists/hematologists. The standard of care for CLL is to wait until it gets worse, meaning that your have become too symptomatic and/or your lab work says, "time for chemotherapy". You have discovered on your own about the potential of ECGC, epigallocatachin galate, from green tea to help. Truth is, a comprehensive plan of approved herbs, diet and lifestyle based, on your diagnosis, other health issues, genetics and laboratory tests should be considered. Yes there is foods advice such as eliminating all white flower, sugar, fried and processed foods, eating large amounts of vegetables and fruits, juicing vegetables and taking certain nutritional supplements, but find out how to personalize it all by visiting with a holistic practitioner. Your nutritional and medical treatments will change overtime and your should be closely monitored. If you should ever begin chemotherapy be mindful of adverse (bad) drug-nutrient interactions.  

Alternative Medicine

dr. michael wald