Alternative Medicine/Best detox? Not just for drug tests...

Dear Dr. Wald,

I'm sure there is plenty on All Experts about the best product for detoxing before a drug test. While that does interest me slightly, Iím more interested in an overall purification/detox product or process. So my questions are:

1) Do you have a favorite detox product, best value, etc. for THC urine tests (like Rapid Clear, Power Flush, or the thousands on the market)?

2) Which one of these is best for a holistic cleanse of all toxins (processed foods, environmental, alcohol, etc.)?  

3) What would be a reliable one-week regiment for cleansing? (Including above such products and any kind of herbal or health food store remedies?)

I know thereís no single magic elixir, but I always respect your advice, so thanks for anything to move me in that direction.

Hello Jarvis:  Detoxification is possible for many, but not all drugs, depending upon the drug in question and the time frame of consumption.  Many people visit poison control centers each year; others call and people visit the ER (emergency room) with toxic consumption of various toxins. Considering this it is not possible to be specific about drug toxins and there removal. A common drug toxicity is that of acetominophin and the remedy in the ER is n-acetyl-cysteine which is also an amino acid available in health food stores; this same detoxifier helps remove certain heavy metals and boosts immunity.  The single best detoxifier I think is DetoX that I have formulated. I developed this produce for overall detoxification and it contains a number of ingredients that cover the most fundamental detoxification pathways in the liver and intestines. It can be found at:

One week of detoxification, as a general health practice, is not likely to have any real benefit unless it is repeated multiple times per year; which is impractical for most people.  I would instead suggest the product Green Detox taken as directed found at:

The bottom line is that the best nutrients and foods to detoxify a person should be based on the toxin or toxins in questions and laboratory work. Sometimes, other health issues must be considered as well towards determining the most appropriate detoxifier.  

Hope this information helps. Thanks, The Blood Detective, Dr. Michael Wald

Alternative Medicine

dr. michael wald

I can provide answers to questions on: - Any area of health and disease treatment and prevention ranging from allergies, to immunity, weight loss, to diabetes, cancer and longevity. - I can provide scientific resources in all areas of health and science. - I can provide specific dietary advice and answer questions regarding the use and/or validity of nutritional supplements - I can discuss medical and laboratory (testing) technologies for early diagnosis. I am nicknamed the, Blood Detective based on knowledge and reputation to find health problems missed by other doctors.

My background allows me to provide answers to health questions in virtually all areas from disease prevention to treatments. I provide science and have many patients who would willingly lend themselves for interviews. I have an active holistic/alternative medicine clinic in Westchester, New York. We provide dietary advice, recommend nutritional supplements and provide intravenous nutrition (i.e, intravenous vitamin C, etc.) and advanced testing in our impressive office. I have appeared on ABC World News Tonight with Diane Sawyer, Fox 5 News, CNN, The Food Network and local news programs. I can provide accurate information to you quickly and provide scientific support on all materials. I have written several books the latest on Longevity that will be published in 2013.

The International & American Association of Clinical Nutritionists The American Holistic Medical Association

I write a regular, bi-monthly column for the Examiner Newspaper in Westchester New York. I write a regular, weekly column in the Health Care Magazine - in the Baby Bombers insert. My blog and Facebook and website ( and - I have been published in many online books and websites. Books that can be viewed under the About Us section at (Publications section).

I have an MD degree (MD) A chiropractic degree (DC) Two board-certifications in nutrition (DACBNs) I am a dietician-nutritionist (CDN) A certified nutritional specialist (CNS) A certified clinical nutritionist (CCN)

I have been in active clinical practice since 1991. During this time I have treated a wide-range of health issues including but not limited to: - health prevention and longevity (people who are well, but want to live long and disease-free lives) - immune diseases including: diabetes, cancer, multiple sclerosis, lupus, thyroid disease, intestinal issues, hormonal issues, etc. - My patients would be happy to be interviewed to support any story, written or televised.