Alternative Medicine/ALT level is high

i feel some time acidity  and when i feel it very high acidity then  take Omeprazole 20mg one capsule i feel relief means i take 2 capsule in a month today i have tested my blood my ALT level is  76 alkaline phosphate is 248 total bilirubin is 0.7 i need your advise how to control my alt as my hepatitis tests are negative and my weight is 77kg im worried so please advise me thanks

ANSWER: Hello Fazal
I hear your distress.  It's really important to look after your liver.
Omeprazole can have a detrimental effect on the liver, but I would not expect it from 1 capsule a couple of times a month - however, if your blood draw was done within 24 hours of a dose then this could be related.
It is important for you to understand that "Acidity" is not caused by a lack of Omeprazole.. so it is likely that you have something else going on.  

Your ALP level is also elevated - this can be due to bone breakdown or may indicate a liver blockage or dysfunction - the latter being the most likely in your case.

I'm sorry I can't be of more assistance - you really need to have a thorough work-up to eliminate other possible reasons your liver is under stress.

kind regards

QUESTION: Sir If i have fatty liver then whats ur advice how to control it.through walk?or exercise beacuse i did not started walk or any exercise

Hello Fazal
If you have had a diagnosis of Fatty Liver Disease (usually from a scan or biopsy), then I suggest you get Dr Sandra Cabot's book titled Fatty Liver You can reverse It" you are not overweight it is important for you to follow a healthy, low fat, high vegetable and a low carbohydrate diet - the incorporation of green smoothies would be a good step (you will need a powerful blender such as the OmniBlender).  

Regular exercise (a minimum of 1 hour daily) should form part of a healthy lifestyle.

The inclusion of the herb Milk Thistle would be to your advantage as well.

All the best

Alternative Medicine

Sharon Erdrich

Any health related question, particularly those related to an holistic approach, using nutrition, herbal medicine, aromatherapy and lifestyle options.

30 years as a registered nurse, Private health consultant and experienced educator of complementary medicine practitioners.

NZAMH, NZ Nursing Council., AIMA (Associate member), Naturopaths of NZ.

Kai Tiaki Journal. Healthy Options Magazine. See my website for downloadable articles.

Reg Nurse, Post Grad Cert Health Science (Nutrition), Dip Herbal Med, Dip Naturopathy, Dip Aromatherapy.

Best Research Paper, Top Naturopathic Student (2005)

Varied, from all ages and with a range of health issues.