Alternative Medicine/dandelion root/cancer/menapause

I was reading that dandelion root is for many things. I was wanting to try it then I read it was good for women in menopause. This always makes me pause because my cancer is estrogen positive. I had ovaries and tubes (not a hysterectomy) to lower the estrogen produced. Will this be something I can use? or is it a danger for someone like me?

Hello Cindy
dandelion root is excellent for stimulation liver function.  The reason that it helps with hormonal problems is that "used up" hormones need to be excreted from the body - and the liver has a very important role in changing them so that this process happens in a healthy way.  
You can consume dandelion root with confidence, knowing that it supports your body to change "bad" oestrogen to the less harmful sort and assists with excreting it from your body.
All the best,

Alternative Medicine

Sharon Erdrich

Any health related question, particularly those related to an holistic approach, using nutrition, herbal medicine, aromatherapy and lifestyle options.

30 years as a registered nurse, Private health consultant and experienced educator of complementary medicine practitioners.

NZAMH, NZ Nursing Council., AIMA (Associate member), Naturopaths of NZ.

Kai Tiaki Journal. Healthy Options Magazine. See my website for downloadable articles.

Reg Nurse, Post Grad Cert Health Science (Nutrition), Dip Herbal Med, Dip Naturopathy, Dip Aromatherapy.

Best Research Paper, Top Naturopathic Student (2005)

Varied, from all ages and with a range of health issues.