Alternative Medicine/Biotin

A couple weeks ago I began taking Biotin supplements in an attempt at helping postpartum hair loss. It was probably a poor choice, but I purchased the 10,000mcg Biotin and have been taking one daily for a little over 2 weeks.

A week ago I began having extremely sore muscles and aching in my legs (mainly in my thighs), as if I had been doing very strenuous exercise, which I have not. I have not done anything out of my ordinary routine and nothing else has changed other than beginning to take the Biotin.

Today I decided to quit the Biotin, but I was wondering if you believe this is connected. I Googled it and did find a website referencing this, but there was very little info, and there's not much else that I could find beyond that.

Thanks for your time, Bethany

Hello Bethany,

Biotin is a B vitamin. When you take that high of a B vitamin you always want to take a quality B complex with it. I don't know if that would have caused or promoted your symptoms. Often sore muscles are due to lactic acid build up.

If you are wanting to help postpartum hair loss I would suggest the following
Mineral chi Tonic
HSN-W (stands for Hair, skin and nails)
Nature's Prenatal
Thyroid Activator - as the thyroid has a lot to do with hair loss.
These nutrients can also aid with energy as well.

If you picked up something at the discount store or drug store it could also have many binders/fillers in it and is not worth your time or energy.

You can order these products and learn more at

To set an appointment for a phone consult or SKYPE you can e-mail me at

This information is for educational purposes only and should not be used to diagnose and treat diseases.

If you have any health problems consult a health practitioner before embarking on any course of treatment.

Alternative Medicine

Tonja Wells

Tonja Wells is a Certified Natural Health Professional. (C.N.H.P.) and a Certified Herbal Health Consultation (N.H.C.). She is currently working on her Naturopathic Doctors degree. She has been working as an herbalist since 1992 years. Tonja can answer your questions on herbs and herbal health needs in most areas such as having more energy, weight loss, allergies, stress, depression, ADHD, hormones, stress, PMS, menopause, herbs for children and much more. She specializes in putting complete herbal health and nutritional programs together for clients.

I am a certified Natural Health Professional and certified as an Herbal Health Consultant. I have been working with clients for 10 years. I also have a web site you can visit to obtain more information. You can visit me at

Certified Natural Health Professional through Certified Herbal Health Consultant