Alternative Medicine/Lichen Planus

My current dermatologist has been treating my Lichen Planopilaris of the scalp for a few years now but it seems worse than ever now.  Do you have any suggestions on a treatment that may help?  I've tried Planquenil, C-Quinacrine, antibiotics, clobetasol topical, and for past month or so, have been on Cellcept.  I'm getting very desperate as I'm permanently losing hair still (and now it seems to be almost daily).  
Also (if you happen to know of a Dr., or know where I can search to find a Dr.) I'm thinking maybe I need a specialist in that particular disease (if appropriate, doesn't even have to be a dermatologist).  I am looking for a new dr. who, preferably, specializes in lichen planopilaris, in either Detroit area (I'll be here for the next few months) or in Chattanooga, TN area (I'll be moving there in January).    Thank you.

Hi Rob,,
Discuss with your dermatologist treatment with UV light and psoralens, or treatment with acitretin. These are usually used  to treat psoriasis resistant to other treatments and may also be used to treat lichen planus.
Thank you for using Allexperts,
Eric Brandt, B.Sc. Pharm.

Alternative Medicine

Eric Brandt

I will answer questions regarding prescripion and non prescription drugs as well as commonly used mdicinal herbs. I will also answer questions on various medical conditions such as heart disease, hypertension, thyroid problems, diabets, menopause, parkinson`s disease, multiple sclerosis, depression etc.

I am a practicing hospital pharmacist with 10 years experience in hospital and 10 years retail pharmacy experience prior to that.
I have my own drug information web site at I also publish an online newsletter. Subscription is free. To learn more go to

Contributed to an article in CNS Drugs. Currently publishing a free monthly nwletter. To learn more go to

B.Sc. Pharm