Alternative Medicine/polyunsaturated phosphatidylcholine

My husband has been diagnosed with fatty liver, presented by central obesity. He also has gallbladder issues.
He is 55, with a history of alcohol abuse and poor diet.
The doc said the best course was to stop drinking and clean up his diet, which he has done.
I am looking into OTC supplements, other than milk thistle, which he felt didnt work, and I came across polyunsaturated phosphatidylcholine.
There is not a lot of info on it, but it looks promising, although it is expensive.
What are your thoughts?

Hello Susan:

Fatty liver is a common problem occurring in both men and woman and manifests as streaks of fat in the liver. Diagnosis is usually via sonogram or sometimes MRI of the liver. It was once thought to be benign, but it is now known to be associated with a variety of health issues and predisposes to heart attack and stroke. Research shows that several nutrients can effective slow and even reverse fatty liver disease. Cleaning up the diet is essential and should consist of what I have outlined at this link:

Your husband has no way of knowing whether or not the milk thistle that he tried worked; the only way to figure this out is to do a sonogram or MRI. Consider the following nutrients:

Lipoic acid
Milk thistle
Reds Protect
Green Detox
Longevity Complete

All of these can be found at:

I hope that this information helps.

Thank you,
Dr. Michael Wald, DC, MD, CDN
Blood Logic, Inc.

Alternative Medicine

dr. michael wald

I can provide answers to questions on: - Any area of health and disease treatment and prevention ranging from allergies, to immunity, weight loss, to diabetes, cancer and longevity. - I can provide scientific resources in all areas of health and science. - I can provide specific dietary advice and answer questions regarding the use and/or validity of nutritional supplements - I can discuss medical and laboratory (testing) technologies for early diagnosis. I am nicknamed the, Blood Detective based on knowledge and reputation to find health problems missed by other doctors.

My background allows me to provide answers to health questions in virtually all areas from disease prevention to treatments. I provide science and have many patients who would willingly lend themselves for interviews. I have an active holistic/alternative medicine clinic in Westchester, New York. We provide dietary advice, recommend nutritional supplements and provide intravenous nutrition (i.e, intravenous vitamin C, etc.) and advanced testing in our impressive office. I have appeared on ABC World News Tonight with Diane Sawyer, Fox 5 News, CNN, The Food Network and local news programs. I can provide accurate information to you quickly and provide scientific support on all materials. I have written several books the latest on Longevity that will be published in 2013.

The International & American Association of Clinical Nutritionists The American Holistic Medical Association

I write a regular, bi-monthly column for the Examiner Newspaper in Westchester New York. I write a regular, weekly column in the Health Care Magazine - in the Baby Bombers insert. My blog and Facebook and website ( and - I have been published in many online books and websites. Books that can be viewed under the About Us section at (Publications section).

I have an MD degree (MD) A chiropractic degree (DC) Two board-certifications in nutrition (DACBNs) I am a dietician-nutritionist (CDN) A certified nutritional specialist (CNS) A certified clinical nutritionist (CCN)

I have been in active clinical practice since 1991. During this time I have treated a wide-range of health issues including but not limited to: - health prevention and longevity (people who are well, but want to live long and disease-free lives) - immune diseases including: diabetes, cancer, multiple sclerosis, lupus, thyroid disease, intestinal issues, hormonal issues, etc. - My patients would be happy to be interviewed to support any story, written or televised.