Alternative Medicine/green tea and ovulation

Question
Hi Dr. Michael
I have two questions, the first one is regarding green tea and whether it affects the ovulation or not ?

the second one is about high intake of sugary things if i can say , can it cause diabetes disease?

thank you

Answer
Hello Rona:

Regarding green tea, it may affect ovulation in some women and at certain dosages. Each individual women will be affected, if at all, in terms of ovulation and green tea. A few hundred milligrams of green tea will not likely affect ovulation. There are a variety of other herbs and vitamins that can be used to affect ovulation one way or another.

As far as sugar and diabetes - the short answer is yes.  Sucrose, table sugar, and glucose and other forms of simple sugars found in desserts and candy are confirmed to contribute to the cause of diabetes. Sugar in fruits, with the exception of grapes which contain glucose, are fructose along with hundreds if not thousands of synergistic plant compounds. Fruits will not cause diabetes, but fructose used alone, glucose and sucrose and the major "bad" sugars.  Environmental pollution, lack of dietary proteins, lack of exercise, genetics and other factors contribute to diabetes.

Thank you,
Dr. Michael Wald
Blood Detective  

Alternative Medicine

dr. michael wald