Alternative Medicine/Ginsengs

Question
I am trying to better understand the differences between ginsengs and their properties, simply and in a nutshell.  I am a little confused.  It is my understanding that there are 3 kids of Ginseng.  American, Korean and Siberian.  I'd like to know what their other names are (for cross reference).  If I know that then I can probably look them up myself but I am totally confused about which is which and the botanical names, common names, chinese names, etc.  Can you assist me with the names of these herbs so I can cross reference them?  Thank you!

Answer
Hello Ray,

I am a Texas girl and don't get into botanical names but make it simple for myself and my clients to relate to and remember.
Simpley
American Ginseng is cooling like for hot flashes, heated body, etc.
Koren Ginseng is heating like when you need to get moving, tired, need a fire under you.
Siberian Ginseng is not a ginseng, it is an adaptagen and good for stress, anxiety and balancing cortisol levels.
I look at how I can simply remember something to help the individual and hope this helps you.

To Your Health,

Tonja Wells,CNHP, NHC

Alternative Medicine

Tonja Wells