Alternative Medicine/oral lichen planus, penphagus

Question
I have had painful mouth sores (gum,tongue,cheeks) for over 15years with only temporary help with steriods,immuran, plaquenil etc. and now IVIG treatment.  Nothing seems to help for more than a couple months and then the next breakout seems worse than the last. I am now giving up getting relief with this horrible pain and considering ending it all.  Please let me know if there is anything that can help me.  Thanks

Answer
Hi Narie
You sound really desperate.  Firstly, I suggest you get your vitamin D level checked - cause or effect is not known, but it appears that low vitamin D is associated with increased pain sensitivity.
Things for you to do:
1.  Get some pure L-glutamine powder and dissolve half a teaspoon in every half liter of water you drink.  Swish before you swallow.
2.  There is an essential oil called Kunzea ambigua, which makes an excellent analgaesic mouth wash.  If you have trouble finding it in the USA, it is on my website, but I'm not set up for international shipping - so you'd need to email me.
3.  See a natural health consultant about ways to modulate your immune system.. this is possible.
You need to be patient with this, but as you've been putting up with this for 15 years, I think you have a great deal of persistence.
4.  Ask for a referral to a chronic pain clinic - there are a number of strategies that you can adopt that help you cope with pain.
5.  Don't give up!

All the best.
Kind regards
Sharon

Alternative Medicine

Sharon Erdrich