Alternative Medicine/Vertigo

Question
Are there other treatments available for vertigo that is not caused by inner ear issues.  The vertigo I am referring to may have been caused by antibiotics but have not subsided with discontinuance of the drugs.  The vertigo is likely from something going on in the brain and potentially is permanent.  Vestibular therapy is not effective after two weeks. Are there any other possibilities/treatments to explore to get rid of the vertigo?

Answer
Hello Margaret:
There are no doubt dozens upon dozens of causes of vertigo. The causes may be confined to the inner ear and its structures and/or the central nervous system. Also, many metabolic conditions (i.e. diabetes, hypothyroid, hypertension, etc.) and even infections can cause vertigo. The treatment must be based on the cause. In your case, it seems that no cause has been found and other serious diseases may have been rulled out.

Without more information it is not possible to provide educational advice.

If your vertigo was caused by antibiotics it may resolve over time; the length of time I cannot say. There is no "nutritonal" detoxification that can help because there is no more antibiotic in your system.

What are your thoughts on what I have said here in terms of you clarifying further so that I can provide more information?

Thank you,
Dr. Michael Wald, The Blood Detective  

Alternative Medicine

dr. michael wald