Alternative Medicine/allergies

Question
Hello,
I have a problem with seasonal allergies and I have found very limited benefit with over the counter allergy medications.  I am hoping to find herbs that can alleviate seasonal allergies and am hoping you can point me to herbs to try.  Thank you in advance for your assistance!

Answer
Hello Jerry:
Seasonal allergies are histamine related allergic reactions that can be very problemsome to manage with over-the-counter medications.  The difficulty is that the immune system is not helped with the medications. Natural approaches focus on "regulating" or balancing the immune systems reactivity to environmental allergens.  Here are several things to consider:

- Omega 3 fats: these fats provide inflammation control and help protect the mucous membranes in the respiratory tract.
- Boswellia Serratia - this here is highly anti-inflammatory, but in a different way that omega 3 fats.
- Buffered Vitamin C powder - a strong anti-histamine helping to exhaust the bodies histamine so that it is not released by a provoked allergy reaction creating allergy symptoms.
- Multivitamin - Always important as a basic support and to provide the extra B-vitamins and minerals needed to deal with the stress of an allergic reaction.
- Comprehensive herbal immune formula - including: graviola, red rasberry, green tea, curcumin, beta-glucan, cat's claw, garlic, korean ginseng, lycopene, quercetin, pine bark, grape seed, pomegranate, herbal complex with slippery elm, burdock and Indian rhubarb), olive leaf extract and ARA-6 (arabinogalactan).

You can find these supplements at: www.blooddetective.com as: Vegetarian Omega 3 Smoothie or Krill OIl, Boswellia Serratia, Buffered C Effervescent, Multivitamin Mineral Complex and Immuno-Balance-20.

Also, reducing your intake of dairy products, sugar and refined and processed carbohydrates and increasing your intake of fruits, vegetables and water is also synergistic. Consider also: Greens Detox, Reds Protect and Longevity Complete to provide dehydrated, high quality nutrition in the form of many dozens of fruits and vegetables (remember, fruit sugar is NOT the same as table sugar (sucrose) or glucose).  These 3 powdered products should be mixed at 1/2 scoop each twice per day in water and or made as a smoothie (see: www.intmedny.com, the Articles section, for my juicing recipes.  

Alternative Medicine

dr. michael wald