Alternative Medicine/Infertility

Question
I'm nearly 44 y/o, have unexplained infertility and have been undergoing IUI & IVF for the past 3+ yrs. I did get pregnant from IVF this past Sept. but miscarried after 7 wks. (the baby had Trisomy22). I've tried yoga & accupuncture. I'm physically fit (5'3" 120lbs.)I'm at a loss as to what else I can try & feel the window is closing. Would any holistics (or anything else for that matter) be a benefit?

Answer
 Hi Jeana and thank your for writing.  Of course I can't give you personal advice without a face to face exam and knowing your entire medical history, but I can tell you some generalities.  With osteopathic manipulation I have helped some women with their fertility by enhancing their nerves that control the pelvic organs, enhancing the drainage of lymph fluid of the pelvis, and also improving the muscles and fascia of the area.  Another really important part of fertility is stress reductions - which is one of the hardest things to do while you are trying.  Often after people stop trying and adopt/surrogate etc. then they become pregnant once the pressure is off.  I apologize for just discussing generalities but hopefully this helps.  Dr S.

Alternative Medicine

Thomas Sabalaske DO