Alternative Medicine/alternative treatment for seizures

I was recently diagnosed with epilepsy, I have grand mal seizures, is there any vitamins, supplements, herbs, teas, or special foods i could use to decrease my amount if seizures???

Hello Nikki,

I am so very sorry to hear about the seizures.  Please make sure you are NOT doing any artificial sweeteners of any kind. I would also be sure to take food dyes out of your diet as well as MSG and anything else that is not REAL food that you can purchase around the edge of the grocery stores.

Here are herbals that have been traditionally used for seizures
Gaba - but can't be mixed with some medications so check with your pharmacist. This is an inhibitory neurotransmitter that calms brain activity.
Focus Attention - can affect inhibitory neurotransmitters
Distress remedy - can be used with any medications
Helichrysum essential oil applied to the temples can be beneficial in helping to prevent a seizure
Lots and lots of good fats like Super Omega 3 (pharmaceutical grade)Extra Virgin organic coconut oil, Super GLA, avocados, fish from the ocean, nuts, olives and olive oil
Vitamin B Complex
Feeding the thyroid with herbals like TSII  which are sea vegetables
Wood Bentony

I do offer complete phone and SKYPE consults as well.

You can order these products and learn more at

To set an appointment for a phone consult or SKYPE you can e-mail me at
Each consult does include a DergamGrid scan which will be e-mailed to you.

This information is for educational purposes only and should not be used to diagnose and treat diseases.

If you have any health problems consult a health practitioner before embarking on any course of treatment.

Alternative Medicine

Tonja Wells

Tonja Wells is a Certified Natural Health Professional. (C.N.H.P.) and a Certified Herbal Health Consultation (N.H.C.). She is currently working on her Naturopathic Doctors degree. She has been working as an herbalist since 1992 years. Tonja can answer your questions on herbs and herbal health needs in most areas such as having more energy, weight loss, allergies, stress, depression, ADHD, hormones, stress, PMS, menopause, herbs for children and much more. She specializes in putting complete herbal health and nutritional programs together for clients.

I am a certified Natural Health Professional and certified as an Herbal Health Consultant. I have been working with clients for 10 years. I also have a web site you can visit to obtain more information. You can visit me at

Certified Natural Health Professional through Certified Herbal Health Consultant