Alternative Medicine/Vitamins?

Question
QUESTION: Is it possible that I could overdose if I take Derma Klear Capsules and Futurebiotics Vitamins? Would I be overdoing it?

Derma Klear Capsules:http:http://www.vitacost.com/enzymatic-therapy-derma-klear-akne-zyme
Futurebiotics Vitamins:http://www.drvita.com/product/futurebiotics-hair-skinnails-135-tablets/12489

ANSWER: Hello Susan
I'm uncertain from your brief note as to whether you are already taking these products or not, and if you are, what doses your are taking.
Technically, it is possible to overdose on anything.  Even water.  So using any supplement at higher than the recommended dose on the bottle and without professional guidance is not advisable.

Having looked at the two products, they are very similar.  Of greatest concern would be the potential to take an excess of pre-formed vitamin A.
The Enzymatic therapy product has an advantages of a good amount of zinc containing burdock but a disadvantage in that it contains a glandular extract
The Futurebiotics product has a good amount of magnesium, but less zinc.  It has the silica-providing herb horsetail and small amounts of other herbal extracts designed to work synergistically.
In both products the form of magnesium can cause diarrhoea.

Hope this helps.

kind regards
Sharon

QUESTION: Thank you, Sharon! This helps a great deal. Well, for a while I was taking FutureBiotics vitamins, but because I need the Derma Klear for my Eczema, I have stopped taking the vitamins, and started taking the Derma Klear capsules. I definitely did not want to take them together. Do you know of any kind of Vitamins I can take that would be safe with the Derma Klear?

Answer
Hi Susan.
It's difficult for me to advise you on specific brands, as I'm not familiar with your health history.   Plus I live in New Zealand.
The two are so similar - and contain a reasonable amount of a range of vitamins - so unless you have a specific need for a particular vitamin or mineral you'll be fine.   
Kind regards
Sharon  

Alternative Medicine

Sharon Erdrich