Alternative Medicine/sleeping aids

Question
I take sleeping pills and would like to get off it.the internet is fullof these scams that charge  you 59$a bottle for natural sleep aids and they all contain melatonin which diabetes cant take.i take blood thinners and a lot of thses natural sleep aids react with blood thinners.i have diabetes and take blood thinners and have hypertension.any hemopathic sleep aids that wont interfere with my meds for diabetes,hypertension and blood thinners.tried calms forte worthless

Answer
Hi Howard.
You have highlighted one of the issues associated with the internet.  People can sell what they want, say what they want, and those trying to find answers to their challenges are not always in a position to make appropriate judgement about the likelihood (or otherwise) of some of them.  Its great that you are aware of the possibility of adverse interactions with your medication.
Because you are taking a number of medications the matter of sleep aids needs to be viewed very carefully.  There are a number of factors that could be considered, such as:
- Sleep hygiene
- Timing of your current medication
- Your cortisol regulatory system
- Mineral balance in your body
- Your breathing patterns
and more..  

So you can see, it's not a simple answer.  These points all need to be evaluated by a properly trained professional.  Are you able to see a naturopathic doctor or qualified herbalist to get some help?

Kind regards
Sharon

Alternative Medicine

Sharon Erdrich