Alternative Medicine/Nasal Sprays

I have started using Ponaris nasal emollient.  It seems to help but I would like some clarification if it is safe to use long-term.  I use it mostly during the winter when our forced air heating is running often.

Hi Rick,
I do not know much about this product but I do know it contains iodine. If the iodine is absorbed through the mucous memebranes of the nostrils it may affect your thyroid function. Have you tried Secaris Gel or the saline nasal lubricants?
Thank you for using Allexperts,
Eric Brandt, B.Sc. Pharm

Alternative Medicine

Eric Brandt

I will answer questions regarding prescripion and non prescription drugs as well as commonly used mdicinal herbs. I will also answer questions on various medical conditions such as heart disease, hypertension, thyroid problems, diabets, menopause, parkinson`s disease, multiple sclerosis, depression etc.

I am a practicing hospital pharmacist with 10 years experience in hospital and 10 years retail pharmacy experience prior to that.
I have my own drug information web site at I also publish an online newsletter. Subscription is free. To learn more go to

Contributed to an article in CNS Drugs. Currently publishing a free monthly nwletter. To learn more go to

B.Sc. Pharm