Alternative Medicine/Pancreas. Single herb vs combinations?

I was suffering from gastritis and poor digestion, bloating etc. My doc said I checked out OK but my pancreas numbers were not good (probably because of the booze and fatty foods I was eating). Also I am borderline diabetes so have to watch the sweets too.
I am eating low fat now, cut out the sweets and cut way back on the booze, and am taking digestive enzymes, but am looking for some herbs/supplements that may also help.
Two questions:
1.)All I can find are combinations of herbs in pills. Are these combinations effective, or weak because of the low amount of each? Is there not a single herb/supplement I could buy in bulk? 2.)Indian gooseberry or Amla is supposed to be good, and you can buy bags of it on ebay. Thought I would have a couple teaspoons a day. Is there something more effective?
Thanks for your thoughts!

Dear bud

What is concern me is your “pancreas numbers were not good”. It is signs of the chronic pancreatic problems (chronic pancreatitis, fatty pancreas, diabetes) related to your lifestyle and eating habits. In the functional stage of the pancreatic disorders, the lab tests can be okay.

If you want to know more about, read my EBook “Healthy Pancreas, Healthy You”, part 1 and 2. Pancreas is core of proper digestion. Go to functional disorders. Healthy diet is vital
Despite my 40 years of practice with herbal medicine, I do not know the magic herb or herbal formula for your condition and quick fix to reverse the problems. It needs the time, changing the lifestyle and eating habits. It requires your involvement. Just “cut way back on the booze” it is not enough. Indian gooseberry is good herb, but it is not cover many your problems.

If you agree that I can be helpful for you, fill up the Biotherapy’s Patient Questionnaire and we will talk by phone

You need changes. You cannot live like that.

I do phone consultations all over the globe.
Have good healthy New Year 2015.

Peter Melamed, Ph.D.

Biotherapy Clinic of San Francisco

Alternative Medicine

Peter Melamed PhD

I have MD degree and decades of the experience in holistic medicine, acupuncture, herbs, cleansing techniques’, diet and drinking healing mineral water, nutritional supplementation and hypnosis. I think, I can answer many questions in the area of non-drug treatment of various chronic diseases, especially gastrointestinal disorders. I am a holistic practitioner at Biotherapy Clinic in San Francisco, California

I worked as an MD (anesthesiology, intensive care, gastroenterology, Men’s health, etc) in USSR. PhD in Western Medicine. Alternative medicine practitioner in the Biotherapy Alternative Medicine Clinic in San Francisco for 20 years.

I published many articles in internet and EBook: "Healthy Pancreas, Healthy You" 550 pages and more than 300 references. References 1. Peter Melamed, Ph.D., Felix Melamed, LAc, MSTCM. EBook Healthy Pancreas, Healthy You. Publisher Biotherapy, Inc, September 2014 2. Peter Melamed, Felix Melamed. Chronic Metabolic Acidosis Destroys Pancreas. JOP. J Pancreas (Online) 2014 Nov 28; 15(6): 552-560 3. Peter Melamed, Felix Melamed. Short Review of Our Work - "Chronic Metabolic Acidosis Destroys Pancreas" with Focus on the Functional Exocrine Pancreatic Disorders JOP. J Pancreas (Online) 2015 Jul 08; 16(4):365-368 4. Peter Melamed, PhD, and Felix Melamed, MS. Acidity Kills the Pancreas. Townsend Letter, the Examiner of Alternative Medicine. August/September 2015, p. 74-80 5. Peter Melamed, Felix Melamed. The Role of the Metabolic Acidosis in the Development of Chronic Pancreatitis. SM Group (USA) Chronic Pancreatitis: Recent Advances. 2015, Aug 10

In U.S Acupuncture CA license and National Certification Commission for Acupuncture. RN CA license