Alternative Medicine/Question about omega 369?

Question
Hello there. I used to take 10 omega 369 capsules that were 2400mg and have recently switched.

Now, I am taking BODY FIRST Ultra Omega 3-6-9 capsules for my facial eczema, and they have 1200mg Fish Oil, 1200mg Organic Flax Seed Oil, and 1200mg Borage Seed Oil for a total of 3600mg.

It is recommended that I take 3 softgels a day, but I was wondering if it would be a problem if I took a few more than the recommended dosage? 10 maybe? Do you think that is a problem? Thanks so much.

Here it is: http://www.allstarhealth.com/f/body_first-ultra_omega_3-6-9.htm

Answer
Hello Susan
I'm not sure why you're considering taking so many - is it on someone's recommendation, or simply because you were taking 10 of the other ones?  
The ones you have switched to appear to be more concentrated and while a high intake of omegas is recommended if the diet is lacking,
it's important to be aware that the symptoms of excessive omegas are similar to the symptoms of deficiency.
I suggest that you start on about one and a half to two times the recommended dose and see how you go.
You might also consider a zinc supplement and having a look at the vitamin A content of your diet as these might be relevant to your condition as well.

All the best
Sharon

Alternative Medicine

Sharon Erdrich