Alternative Medicine/Rheumatoid arthritis

Are there any good plants for treating rheumatoid arthritis? I was looking into this plant called Ashwagandha, some internet source says it is good for this condition but i don't know if it's true or not. I take medication my doctor has given me but it doesn't cure the disease. Are there any herbs that can help?

Hi Jalil,
There is no cure for arthritis. Medications that are available to us control symptoms and others that prevent progressive deterioration. There is no plant based supplement that is as powerful as the conventional medications.
Thank you for using Allexpperts.
Eric Brandt, B.Sc. pharm  

Alternative Medicine

Eric Brandt

I will answer questions regarding prescripion and non prescription drugs as well as commonly used mdicinal herbs. I will also answer questions on various medical conditions such as heart disease, hypertension, thyroid problems, diabets, menopause, parkinson`s disease, multiple sclerosis, depression etc.

I am a practicing hospital pharmacist with 10 years experience in hospital and 10 years retail pharmacy experience prior to that.
I have my own drug information web site at I also publish an online newsletter. Subscription is free. To learn more go to

Contributed to an article in CNS Drugs. Currently publishing a free monthly nwletter. To learn more go to

B.Sc. Pharm