Alternative Medicine/Peri menopausal Itching

I'm a 39 year old female that has Type II diabetes and under active thyroid due to cancer treatment. I have been on traditional medications for both conditions for 10 years without any problems.

The past three months, I've been suffering from horrible itching without any apparent cause - no rashes, dry skin, bug bits, etc. I haven't changed any of our cleaning or personal products, adopted any new pets, moved or undergone any other changes I can think of that might be causing the itching.

The itching comes and goes, varies in intensity, and affects all body parts. I'm fairly certain it's a peri menopause symptom. Is there anything you can recommend to help alleviate the misery? I'm already moisturizing daily using coconut oil, but it doesn't seem to do much besides give me soft skin. :) I want to avoid adding more medication to my system, so I'm hoping there's an all natural option out there. Thank you for your help!

Hello Eileen,
It would be optimal go get a diagnosis from a dermatologist or your OBGYN. As you really need to get a diagnosis to know what you are dealing with. I would wonder if it could be candida/yeast. The best thing for this is to get off all sugar, bread and high glycmeic foods like red and white potatoes. If it were me I would do the following.
Use Probiotic 11 as a capsules and Candida Clear Clenase.
Externally put Silver Shield Gel on topically as it can help with many types of rashes.

To order these products you can go to my website at

I do offer complete phone and SKYPE consults as well.

To set an appointment for a phone consult or SKYPE you can e-mail me at

This information is for educational purposes only and should not be used to diagnose and treat diseases.

If you have any health problems consult a health practitioner before embarking on any course of treatment.

Alternative Medicine

Tonja Wells

Tonja Wells is a Certified Natural Health Professional. (C.N.H.P.) and a Certified Herbal Health Consultation (N.H.C.). She is currently working on her Naturopathic Doctors degree. She has been working as an herbalist since 1992 years. Tonja can answer your questions on herbs and herbal health needs in most areas such as having more energy, weight loss, allergies, stress, depression, ADHD, hormones, stress, PMS, menopause, herbs for children and much more. She specializes in putting complete herbal health and nutritional programs together for clients.

I am a certified Natural Health Professional and certified as an Herbal Health Consultant. I have been working with clients for 10 years. I also have a web site you can visit to obtain more information. You can visit me at

Certified Natural Health Professional through Certified Herbal Health Consultant