Alternative Medicine/stomach cramping/diverticulitis

Hi, I recently just spent 5 hours in the e.r. with some pretty bad stomach cramping, and the doctor thinks i may have diverticulitus, but my labs, x ray, and ctscan didnt positively say that. My doctorhas yet to look at the tests. Since then the last 2 days i have had minor lower stomach cramping and when I go to the bathroom very liquidy. I have had a decrease in appetite but still get hungry, i think im just nervous to eat, ive had no fevers, blood are dark stools. I am 44 years old. I am thinking of doing a juice cleanse. Just not sure how to go about doing that. Any advice you give me would greatly help.

Hi Paul

All abdominal pains have to be considered seriously. However, you had only 5 hours pain and all tests appeared normal. Lower stomach cramping, liquid stool, and low appetite may have various reasons such as.
•   Food sensitivity or food poisoning
•   Candida-yeast overgrowth after taking antibiotics
•   Exacerbation of the IBS
•   Diverticulitis, but pain us typically on rleft side, blood tests show inflammation, the temperature increases
•   Many more   

I am not a big fun of the juice cleanse, especially if the diagnose is not clear.
Vegetable soup, brown rice, and poached eggs may satisfy your appetite. Ask your PCP about colonoscopy.

Wait and see, go to healthy food and lifestyle.
The good answer about healthy diet, you can find in my EBook “Healthy Pancreas, Healthy You”, part 2. Pancreas is core of your proper digestion. Healthy diet is vital.

Have good health.

Peter Melamed, Ph.D.
Biotherapy Clinic of San Francisco
(415) 409-3939  

Alternative Medicine

Peter Melamed PhD

I have MD degree and decades of the experience in holistic medicine, acupuncture, herbs, cleansing techniques’, diet and drinking healing mineral water, nutritional supplementation and hypnosis. I think, I can answer many questions in the area of non-drug treatment of various chronic diseases, especially gastrointestinal disorders. I am a holistic practitioner at Biotherapy Clinic in San Francisco, California

I worked as an MD (anesthesiology, intensive care, gastroenterology, Men’s health, etc) in USSR. PhD in Western Medicine. Alternative medicine practitioner in the Biotherapy Alternative Medicine Clinic in San Francisco for 20 years.

I published many articles in internet and EBook: "Healthy Pancreas, Healthy You" 550 pages and more than 300 references. References 1. Peter Melamed, Ph.D., Felix Melamed, LAc, MSTCM. EBook Healthy Pancreas, Healthy You. Publisher Biotherapy, Inc, September 2014 2. Peter Melamed, Felix Melamed. Chronic Metabolic Acidosis Destroys Pancreas. JOP. J Pancreas (Online) 2014 Nov 28; 15(6): 552-560 3. Peter Melamed, Felix Melamed. Short Review of Our Work - "Chronic Metabolic Acidosis Destroys Pancreas" with Focus on the Functional Exocrine Pancreatic Disorders JOP. J Pancreas (Online) 2015 Jul 08; 16(4):365-368 4. Peter Melamed, PhD, and Felix Melamed, MS. Acidity Kills the Pancreas. Townsend Letter, the Examiner of Alternative Medicine. August/September 2015, p. 74-80 5. Peter Melamed, Felix Melamed. The Role of the Metabolic Acidosis in the Development of Chronic Pancreatitis. SM Group (USA) Chronic Pancreatitis: Recent Advances. 2015, Aug 10

In U.S Acupuncture CA license and National Certification Commission for Acupuncture. RN CA license