Alternative Medicine/Supplements

Hi Eric

Let me start off by saying I'm taking 20mg Prevastatin for my cholesterol (it's at 190) and 120mg Diltiazem/Cardizem for my slightly elevated blood pressure. Which, because of these meds, is very normal (117-75 on the average).

Now, as far as supplements. My liver enzymes are high so I put myself on Liver Care and my blood sugar is high and I'm taking the Nopal. I'm attaching a pic of all the supplements I'm on and how many each day I'm taking. I'm 52 and feeling great, so there's no interactions or side effects yet, but I also want to start taking this INSTEAD of the generic Allegra for my allergies:

and this instead of the Bioflavonoids:

Am I going crazy with all these supplements? I mean I need each one for each of my "conditions" but in a few months when I go back for a blood test, if my liver enzymes and blood sugar aren't lower, then I might as well stop taking those. What do you think? Any input is greatly appreciated!!!!

Hi Ed,
There are no well doumented interactions with these supplements and the medications you take. All I could find is to avoid Noppal if you take other medications for diabetes and avoid  Quercetin if you take Digoxin, and avoid Bromelain if you take anticoagulants.
Thank you for using Allexperts.
Eric Brandt, B.Sc. Pharm

Alternative Medicine

Eric Brandt

I will answer questions regarding prescripion and non prescription drugs as well as commonly used mdicinal herbs. I will also answer questions on various medical conditions such as heart disease, hypertension, thyroid problems, diabets, menopause, parkinson`s disease, multiple sclerosis, depression etc.

I am a practicing hospital pharmacist with 10 years experience in hospital and 10 years retail pharmacy experience prior to that.
I have my own drug information web site at I also publish an online newsletter. Subscription is free. To learn more go to

Contributed to an article in CNS Drugs. Currently publishing a free monthly nwletter. To learn more go to

B.Sc. Pharm