Alternative Medicine/hemorrhagic stroke cause & recovery

QUESTION: My mother, 82, suffered a mild hemorrhagic stroke affecting right hand and leg. Doctors expect rehab will restore complete function. But she seems so discouraged and weak. Until now, no medications, healthy eating, walks, and supplement regimen.

Is it true that blood thinning supplements may be the cause--800-1200iudaily; hawthorn berry; Omega 3 oil; ginger?

She has been is such great health and independent. Are there natural remedies that help in recovery from this episode?
Thank you.

ANSWER: Dear Nancy,

Sorry for your mother had stroke.

Hawthorn berry; Omega 3 oil; ginger are food supplements. It means that they have been human food’s components for millennium. They have many health benefits for age people; therefore I recommend them for elderly. They are not the blood thinners and do not cause the bleeding. They just decrease the over coagulation.
I wish your mother the fast recovery.

For my patients after stroke I recommend
•   Biotherapy B 12. It is methyl form of the cobalamin and folic acid. It is very important for CNS function
•   Biotherapy Sunshine D Plus. It is 5,000 iu of D3.
•   Lecithin in the granules
•   Massage, acupuncture, especially scalp acupuncture by experienced practitioner and electro acupuncture of the weak extremities
•   Active life-style, moving, physical therapy
•   No sugar, white flour, sodas, fed meat

Sorry, I mentioned Biotherapy line of supplements. It is not because of selling, but because I am very serious about quality and quantity of the ingredients.

I wish you and your mother health.

Peter Melamed. Ph.D.
Biotherapy Clinic in San Francisco
Phone: (415) 409-3939
Fax: (415) 409-3909

QUESTION: Dear Dr. Melamed,
Thank you for your expert advice. It is very much appreciated!!!
I omitted to ask about Vit E (800-1200iu) that my mother was taking for varicose veins, the heart and other benefits. Hospital doctors advice to stop vit E because it is a blood thinner that increases the risk of hemorrhagic stroke. They claim it may have contributed. Is this true?
There are many warnings on the internet that Vit E increases chance of hemorrhagic stroke.

Have you had patients with mild hemorrhagic stroke recover well?

Thank you.

Dear Nancy,

I do not involve you in discussion about vitamin E. You may stop it.
I personally do not use vitamin E as an alpha-tocopherol because it is just part of real vitamin and mostly it is in an unnatural form. Taking alpha form makes deficiencies of beta, gamma and delta forms; therefore, it causes more harm than good. Find the natural food sources of the vitamin E (Wheat germ oil, sunflower seeds, almonds, fatty fish, etc.).

The recuperation after stroke needs the sometime. I gave you some ideas how to speed up recovery. Usually it works for my patients.

You are very caring daughter, G-d bless you.
Have good health.

Peter Melamed. Ph.D.
Biotherapy Clinic in San Francisco
Phone: (415) 409-3939
Fax: (415) 409-3909

Alternative Medicine

Peter Melamed PhD

I have MD degree and decades of the experience in holistic medicine, acupuncture, herbs, cleansing techniques’, diet and drinking healing mineral water, nutritional supplementation and hypnosis. I think, I can answer many questions in the area of non-drug treatment of various chronic diseases, especially gastrointestinal disorders. I am a holistic practitioner at Biotherapy Clinic in San Francisco, California

I worked as an MD (anesthesiology, intensive care, gastroenterology, Men’s health, etc) in USSR. PhD in Western Medicine. Alternative medicine practitioner in the Biotherapy Alternative Medicine Clinic in San Francisco for 20 years.

I published many articles in internet and EBook: "Healthy Pancreas, Healthy You" 550 pages and more than 300 references. References 1. Peter Melamed, Ph.D., Felix Melamed, LAc, MSTCM. EBook Healthy Pancreas, Healthy You. Publisher Biotherapy, Inc, September 2014 2. Peter Melamed, Felix Melamed. Chronic Metabolic Acidosis Destroys Pancreas. JOP. J Pancreas (Online) 2014 Nov 28; 15(6): 552-560 3. Peter Melamed, Felix Melamed. Short Review of Our Work - "Chronic Metabolic Acidosis Destroys Pancreas" with Focus on the Functional Exocrine Pancreatic Disorders JOP. J Pancreas (Online) 2015 Jul 08; 16(4):365-368 4. Peter Melamed, PhD, and Felix Melamed, MS. Acidity Kills the Pancreas. Townsend Letter, the Examiner of Alternative Medicine. August/September 2015, p. 74-80 5. Peter Melamed, Felix Melamed. The Role of the Metabolic Acidosis in the Development of Chronic Pancreatitis. SM Group (USA) Chronic Pancreatitis: Recent Advances. 2015, Aug 10

In U.S Acupuncture CA license and National Certification Commission for Acupuncture. RN CA license