Alternative Medicine/Trochanteric bursitis

I am currently suffering from bursitis in the hips and right shoulder.   As a diabetic I take Metformin and Insulin and also Sevikar for hypertension.
Would these medications increase the problem of muscular pain ?
I take Curcumin and fish oil and Ibobrufen for pain relief though the doctor would prefer me not to as it interferes with the Sevikar.    
I note your comment about low potassium and magnesium.  I do take magnesium to avoid cramps.
Any suggestions would be most welcome.
I am seeing a physio who has recommended sundry exercises.
Thank you for your advice.
Gillian Sydney-Smith

Hi Gillian
Metformin has a record of reducing some of the inflammation in the body, as it aids in keeping blood sugars low.  Hyperglycaemia promotes inflammation.
As a natural therapist I cannot recommend the use of Ibuprofen and recommend a detailed health assessment by a naturopath.  Curcumin can be very effective, as can fish oil, but not all are created equal in terms of efficacy, absorption, active compounds and so on.
An osteopath may have a more holistic view of underlying factors, though shoulder problems do tend to be higher in diabetics.
Have you succeeded to achieve a healthy body weight?
Kind regards

Alternative Medicine

Sharon Erdrich

Any health related question, particularly those related to an holistic approach, using nutrition, herbal medicine, aromatherapy and lifestyle options.

30 years as a registered nurse, Private health consultant and experienced educator of complementary medicine practitioners.

NZAMH, NZ Nursing Council., AIMA (Associate member), Naturopaths of NZ.

Kai Tiaki Journal. Healthy Options Magazine. See my website for downloadable articles.

Reg Nurse, Post Grad Cert Health Science (Nutrition), Dip Herbal Med, Dip Naturopathy, Dip Aromatherapy.

Best Research Paper, Top Naturopathic Student (2005)

Varied, from all ages and with a range of health issues.