Alternative Medicine/Diastolic Dysfunction

I've had whole body stiffness, tenderness and pain for several years, progressively getting worse. Going by the symptoms, my doctor calls it Fibromyalgia. I was just diagnosed with diastolic dysfunction and high blood pressure. I am wondering if these could be connected with the Fibromyalgia and if Vitamin D could benefit me and help either condition. My doctor is asking me to go on beta blockers and I don't know if that is the right thing to do. I would be very grateful for any information you can give me. Thank you.

Hi Brenda,
Fibromyalgia is generalized musculoskeletal pain. Diastolic dysfuntion is a heart condition that relates to heart muscle conduction and heart rate. It is not related to fibromyalgia. I have not read any studies involving vitamin D and either of these conditions.
Thank you fo using Allexperts.
Eric Brandt, B.Sc. Pharm

Alternative Medicine

Eric Brandt

I will answer questions regarding prescripion and non prescription drugs as well as commonly used mdicinal herbs. I will also answer questions on various medical conditions such as heart disease, hypertension, thyroid problems, diabets, menopause, parkinson`s disease, multiple sclerosis, depression etc.

I am a practicing hospital pharmacist with 10 years experience in hospital and 10 years retail pharmacy experience prior to that.
I have my own drug information web site at I also publish an online newsletter. Subscription is free. To learn more go to

Contributed to an article in CNS Drugs. Currently publishing a free monthly nwletter. To learn more go to

B.Sc. Pharm