Alternative Medicine/lipoma

dear tonja,
i'm 39 and for about a year i have a dime size lipoma on my jaw.
week ago it started to be tender and now the area around it is swollen, inflamed, red and painful. i have acupuncture treatment once a month and last time it was just when it started to get tender. the acupuncturist for the first time used 5 tiny needles around the lipoma and instructed me to leave it in for a couple of days. it just got worse.  fyi i came out of a flu (with high fever and cought) a few weeks ago.
i'm concerned and would like to know how to remedy the swelling and eventually the lipoma. does acupuncture have good results in healing fat tumors?
i believe there is emotional/spiritual reason behind every disease and wonder if you can help me to understand this issue so i can treat the cause. (i made a tough decision last year to separate from my husband who became verbally abusive to me. i'm still grieving, don't feel like a victim, though and try to be in good terms with him.).
thank you for your time!

Hello Esther,

Yes, I too believe most health issues are related to emotional issues in our lives.
I like to use Bach flowers for these.

Here is a test you can take for pre-blended flowers.

To work with a fatty tumor with herbals I have traditionally seen these to work:
All Cells Detox
Hi Lipase

I have found it does take a while.
As an hebalist I am not qualified to give advice about acupuncture.

I do offer complete phone and SKYPE consults as well.

You can order these products and learn more at

To set an appointment for a phone consult or SKYPE you can e-mail me at
Each consult does include a DergamGrid scan which will be e-mailed to you.

This information is for educational purposes only and should not be used to diagnose and treat diseases.

If you have any health problems consult a health practitioner before embarking on any course of treatment.

Alternative Medicine

Tonja Wells

Tonja Wells is a Certified Natural Health Professional. (C.N.H.P.) and a Certified Herbal Health Consultation (N.H.C.). She is currently working on her Naturopathic Doctors degree. She has been working as an herbalist since 1992 years. Tonja can answer your questions on herbs and herbal health needs in most areas such as having more energy, weight loss, allergies, stress, depression, ADHD, hormones, stress, PMS, menopause, herbs for children and much more. She specializes in putting complete herbal health and nutritional programs together for clients.

I am a certified Natural Health Professional and certified as an Herbal Health Consultant. I have been working with clients for 10 years. I also have a web site you can visit to obtain more information. You can visit me at

Certified Natural Health Professional through Certified Herbal Health Consultant