Alternative Medicine/Need help with really high cholesterol, triglyceride and low testosterone

I am a 40 year old male. I look after myself with regular exercise (weightlifting - and am muscular), good diet and supplements.

Recently I saw the Doctor for a check up (it had been a good while since last check up) and I had some blood work done.

To cut a long story short, my cholesterol is really high, my triglyceride level is through the roof and my testosterone level is low. My dad has really high cholesterol, so there is a genetic link I guess. With my good health, I am shocked on the results and don't know what to do about it. Below are the results;

Testosterone Level
7.6 nmol/l
2.19 ng/ml
219 ng/dl

Cholesterol Level
8.8 mmol/l
339.7683397683398 mg/dL

7.8 mmol/l
301.1583011583012 mg/dL

eGFR - >90 ( Reference Range - >59 )

I have been advised that I need to take action or I am a candidate for an early heart attack. I would like to give a natural remedy a try first and if that does not improve things next time I have my blood work done, then I will have to look at Statin type drugs (yuck)...

Can you please make any suggestions?

Thank you for your time and assistance.

Hi Steve
As testosterone is made out of cholesterol, this indicates that you have an internal process that is not working properly.  This may respond, to some extent, to supplementation (for example with high dose zinc), but you are best to work with a naturopathic doctor in this regard.
Kind regards

Alternative Medicine

Sharon Erdrich

Any health related question, particularly those related to an holistic approach, using nutrition, herbal medicine, aromatherapy and lifestyle options.

30 years as a registered nurse, Private health consultant and experienced educator of complementary medicine practitioners.

NZAMH, NZ Nursing Council., AIMA (Associate member), Naturopaths of NZ.

Kai Tiaki Journal. Healthy Options Magazine. See my website for downloadable articles.

Reg Nurse, Post Grad Cert Health Science (Nutrition), Dip Herbal Med, Dip Naturopathy, Dip Aromatherapy.

Best Research Paper, Top Naturopathic Student (2005)

Varied, from all ages and with a range of health issues.