Alternative Medicine/pcos

Question
Hi, I am very concerned about my well being and would like your opioion on it. I'm 23 and I have pcos, besides working out and diet changes what can I take as far as supplements are concerned? thank you

Answer
Hi Cg
that's a young age to have to start being concerned about the impact of PCOS, but the more engaged you are in managing this condition, the better it will be for you in the long run.
Your top priority is to achieve and maintain a healthy weight.  That is key to minimising the effect of excess testosterone.
There are other strategies that can be useful - herbal medicine as well as targeted mineral supplementation.  However, it's inappropriate for me to prescribe these over such a message board - you need to have a proper assessment by an holistic practitioner, who can tailor a regime for you.  
In my clinic, I'd first assess your hormones - the balance between oestrogen, progesterone & testosterone at around day 18 of your cycle, using a salivary test.  This would form the basis of the treatment strategy.

I hope you find someone in your region who you can work with.

kind regards
Sharon

Alternative Medicine

Sharon Erdrich